Can't manually assign static IP to this jail

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
I'm new to FreeNAS and creating a jail for plex, and I can't seem to get the static IP to be assigned. Whenever I go in and uncheck DHCP, and put in a static IP but when I go to start the jail I get the following error. I've tried disabling VNET and assigning statically and still don't have any luck. The only thing that truly works is DHCP enabled.

1586374312329.png

1586374333372.png

You need to provide more details. What version are you using? 11.2 Ux? 11.3?

Try updating to 11.3 U3. That fixed, for me at least, a whole bunch of networking issues with plugins/jails.

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
I don't see U3 in the update drop down only U2. I was able to update to U2, but still getting the error :/

Opps... I meant U2.

What I ended up doing when I upgraded from 11.2 U7 to 11.3 is I delete all my plugins, vlans and bridges and re-created them.

There were issues with 11.3 and 11.3 U1 on the networking where I had to use DHCP (fixing their IP addressed using DHCP reservations on the DHCP server) and they worked. With 11.3 U2, I could get rid of DHCP and manually set the IP address/subnet/gateway.

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
Yeah that update didn't work for me as far as fixing the issue. unfortunately, even when running on DHCP I can't seem to ping the damn jail from any device on my network. I can ping out, to google and every other device on the network but can't ping the jail itself.

Post a screenshot of your network configuration (Network | Interfaces).

I'm in the ironic situation where I'm trying to backport my (relatively) complicated setup to your simplier one;)

I don't see any bridges listed. Create a bridge (I think bridge0 - no space) and add re0 as a member.

Then under the jail's Advanced | Network configuration set the interface to vnet0:bridge0

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
so possibly some progress? It took it, however now it's showing 2 IP addresses one of which was the old DHCP one

1586386958923.png

Regardless though I still can't seem to ping either IP address from my desktop on the same network. I can however ping out everywhere else. I did notice when using the jls command on FreeNAS box it doesn't give me the IP address of the jail

1586387133299.png

Try installing a new Plex instance from scratch using vnet0 and the advanced network interface of vnet0:bridge0

Edit: Doesn't have to be a Plex instance. Another plugin or jail should work too

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
ok so I just saw your update, but I did try and disable vnet, and it works now for some reason. I can ping it from my desktop and I got to the web portal on my desktop. To my understanding vnet is similar to like a vswitch on vmware I think right? so is it possible it was blocking traffic? I'd like to get it working with vnet enabled if possible

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
Sorry I'm throwing so much at you, I can look at the vnet issue later assuming it's not big of a deal to keep it how it is. But right now I think I messed up the permissions when I was creating my user/pools/share. And I can't add the FreeNAS folder (mounted folder) on plex library
1586390623550.png

1586392135086.png

LiquidAurum

Dabbler
Never mind, I updated permissions, I didn't have the user in the ACL, it's "working" to the point that I can add the libraries. But none of the videos are playing at all. Not sure what the issue is now