Can't log into the new TrueNAS GUI after the upgrade

ChrisScifres

Cadet
Can't log into the new TrueNAS GUI after the upgrade because it says "HA is disabled." with no options to select.

It says the same thing on both node GUIs, and the virtual shared IP address, also.
1591134079096.png

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Some questions:

What version of TrueNAS did you install?
Is this a licensed TrueNAS hardware unit, or is it FreeNAS/TrueNAS CORE?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Also, if you open in an "Incognito window" or try clearing browser cache, does it resolve then?

ChrisScifres

Cadet
Incognito window does not work. Tried different browsers from different computers.

It is a licensed TrueNAS unit that has been replaced by a new TrueNAS system. It is no longer under a support contract, but it had been working as a backup unit until this upgrade.

I updated to the latest version, so I think it was 11.3 something. I don't know how to find it now since I can't get into the gui.

uname -a gave me
FreeBSD server.local 11.3-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p7 #0 r325575+ca0f1a6ba25(HEAD): Tue May 19 05:56:49 UTC 2020 root@tnbuild02.tn.ixsystems.com:/truenas-releng/freenas/_BE/objs/truenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/sys/TrueNAS.amd64 amd64

1592487530962.png

csj

iXsystems
iXsystems
Hi Chris, can you open a support ticket at https://support.ixsystems.com ? Even though you're out of support, there could be potential options to help out. That's going to be the best place to get help on this specific situation.

ChrisScifres

Cadet
iXsystems support would not help me because the system is past end of life, and the newest version of the software isn't supported on the hardware.

They said to roll back to the previous build, but I don't know how to do that without access to the gui.

Their exact response:

Hi Chris,

I believe you've run into an issue with compatibility of the End of Life TrueNAS PRO HA platform and the installed OS.

We have discontinued testing and support of the platform, and can not guarantee that the current stable builds will be supported on the EOL product.

If possible, we would suggest rolling back to the previous build that was accessible before the update. I do apologize as I know this might not have been the ideal solution.

We can also reach out to your account manager to look at other options, if you're interested.

------------

Alecmascot

Guru
f you want to change the boot environment you can do this:

# beadm list

That'll list your boot environments. Find the one you want and do:

# beadm activate <boot environment name>

Then reboot and you'll be back on your old boot environment.