Can't Download Torrents - HTTP 404 Eror

Status
Not open for further replies.

eytanbiala

Cadet
Hi,

I must've done something wrong since I can't download any torrents with FreeNAS.
I set a static IP as well as DNS servers (I tried both Google's DNS and my ISP's DNS).
I tried pinging an external IP (e.g. google.com) and the packets went through.

eytanbiala

Cadet
Yeah I tried that, but the system won't let me register and so I can't comment. I figured someone else might have the same issue with torrent anyway...

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Can you post a install guide?

http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freenas/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=10959

Please note where it says to enter the lines below, where it has ZFS you actually need to put your volume name. It doesn't say to in the guide even though it is obvious. Had me stumped for a night.

transmission_enable="YES"
transmission_conf_dir="/mnt/ZFS/Download/transmission"
transmission_watch_dir="/mnt/ZFS/Download/watch"
transmission_download_dir="/mnt/ZFS/Download/finished"
transmission_user="www"

russdyer

Dabbler
Help with Transmission

Ok, so I'm not sure what happened. I followed the guide from the link posted above and everything was working great for about a week. But a few days ago, the transmission-daemon keeps shutting down. I did a reboot and was able to bring the service back up, I added a few torrents to download and then the transmission-daemon service stops again.

So I was thinking that I needed to update the installation, so I tried to follow you guide again thinking that the packages would just overwrite. I got the service started back up again and got to the portion where you need to edit the .json file to set "false" the the whitelist line. false is already entered, but I am still getting a 403 error. Do I need to change the whitelist ip address? That is "127.0.0.1" right now.

Should I just uninstall the entire transmission installation? And how do I go about uninstalling it?

At this point, I just don't know if this is stable enough for me if I keep running into these issues and just want to uninstall and look at other options.

Or, how do I get my current install working.

Sir_Redrum

Dabbler
Ok, so I'm not sure what happened. I followed the guide from the link posted above and everything was working great for about a week. But a few days ago, the transmission-daemon keeps shutting down. I did a reboot and was able to bring the service back up, I added a few torrents to download and then the transmission-daemon service stops again.

I have this exact same problem. The Transmission-Daemon is still running if you check the processes in the WebGUI but for some reason you can't access the transmission webGUI to view your torrents. Also when this happens my torrent sites don't register that I am Seeding anything.

I do a reboot via the FreeNAS webGUI but that doesn't work so I need to do a hard reset and restart to get the transmission-daemon up and running again. Sometimes I get 40 days uptime before it happens, then I might only get 2 days.

I'm not sure how to correct your current install, but I think even if you do reinstall it, you will most likely still get the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.