Can't create dataset in new pool

I came across a strange error setting up a dataset that says [share_type] Invalid choice: WINDOWS. If anyone has any pointer on getting this working, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm transitioning to a new box with all new hardware. It was all setup on 11.2 when the new 11.3 came out. Since my setup was only 3/4 done, I decided to just wipe everything and do a fresh install. Notably I did have a pool with multiple datasets setup with no problems.

After installing 11.3 and getting my network interface setup, I logged into the web GUI and created a new pool, gave it a name, pulled in 6 drives, RAIDZ2, basic encryption on. Then clicked on the ... and chose "Add Dataset". I gave it a name of "backup", and left all the defaults except for the share type. The error message below is from selecting a windows share type, but I've seen similar behavior from any option being selected there.

Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1077, in _call
    return await methodobj(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 396, in create
    f'{self._config.namespace}.create', self, self.do_create, [data]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1077, in _call
    return await methodobj(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 959, in nf
    args, kwargs = clean_and_validate_args(args, kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 917, in clean_and_validate_args
    value = attr.clean(args[args_index + i])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 594, in clean
    data[key] = attr.clean(value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 164, in clean
    value = super(Str, self).clean(value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 53, in clean
    raise Error(self.name, f'Invalid choice: {value}')
middlewared.schema.Error: [share_type] Invalid choice: WINDOWS

spoilerf

Cadet
I went through the same thing today. Clear your web site cache and reload the web interface. It worked for me.

You can also try using a different browser to see if that was the problem.

Yeah, that was it. Looks like 11.3 doesn't use the share_type variable when creating a data set like 11.2 did. For some reason the form from 11.2 persisted in my browser after the upgrade. Cash cleared, problem solved.