Cant access NAS from VM (Bhyve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH4Pz

Explorer
Hi, Wondering if someone can help me, im relatively new to anything non-windows, so please go easy lol

I had transmission and pia via openvpn running sweet in old UI then since the change to IOcage, i was unable to get things stable, so i installed Lubuntu 18.04 as a VM with Transmission an PIA on a killswitch on a seperate SSD, which so far has worked well, but the issue im having is my SMB share (that usually shows up in other linux machines ive got, under network) doesnt show up, so as my ssd fills up im unable to transfer the files over to my Zpool. I tried setting up a NFS share but not really sure if its working or not, but may not even be the issue.
Ive had a similar prob with Virtual box in the past, but by changing network from NAT to Bridged gives it a 192.168.x.x ip instead on a 10.x.x.x ip, and i believe thats whats happening here, but cant find anything in the UI to change this in Bhyve?? I also tried installing all the samba viewing apps onto the VM i could find in the repo to no avail.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

CH4Pz

Explorer
For anyone experiencing a similar issue, while not a direct solution i was able to transfer out my data using syncthing (as it was already on my NAS, so just installed on Lubuntu VM and created a new folder), while this would work ongoing, i decided to create a new UbuntuMATE VM which seems to have much better samba support, although i did install the caja samba extension under 'server' tab in the repo before getting access to the NAS (ubuntu and mint also seem to "see" my smb's by default). hopefully helps someone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.