Bhyve VM Autoboot time out not sticking/staying

exup

Cadet
Hi, I am running

FreeNAS-11.2-U7
On physical desktop machine, (Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 cores)Memory: 16 GiB
In one VM I have a Unbutu LTS server edition running fine.

The issue I have is if I restart the VM or FreeNAS (The VM is set to auto start), it wont boot unless I VNC into the VM. Just the act of VNC-ing will start the boot, its as though its waiting for a key press. Its not autobooting to CD as that is removed.
I went into the BIOS of the VM and sure enough there is a setting there set to wait for keypress.
So I changed this to 30 secs, start the boot and I can see the system booting up.
But at next reboot its back to default setting in the BIOS, its seesm to be overwritten each time see screen shots, I have clicked F10 and confirmed save and also selected apply settings. How can I make it stay 10,20,30 seconds permanently?

Note: The VM OS Grub menu is set to 0 seconds time out, so its not that we are waiting for.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 216
  • screenshot 2.jpg
    screenshot 2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 196
  • screenshot 3.jpg
    screenshot 3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 194
  • screenshot 4.jpg
    screenshot 4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 193

KrisBee

Wizard
See the "16.2.5 VNC Interface" section of the FreeNAS Guide for 11.2-U7. Uncheck "Delay VM Boot until VNC Connects".

exup

Cadet
Sorry for the delay, thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction. User error not reading the manual....