Bhyve access - VNC not working

dirar

Cadet
Hello,

I changed the ip address of my FreeNas machine (11.2) with a public IP address. Now I am unable to connect to any of the VM machine. Connecting with serial would say connected but doesn't ask for a login and the terminal becomes unresponsive. Any way I could change the setting to be able to connect to the virtual machines?

Thank you in advanced

melloa

Wizard
I changed the IP address of my FreeNas machine (11.2) with a public IP address.

No need and not recommended.

Now I am unable to connect to any of the VM machine.

That could be because they are now on a different network than your workstations?

Get your freenas back to the LAN IP inside your network; fix it; have your NIC VMs on a bridged mode, so they will get their IPs from the same DHCP server as your freenas; NAT the ports on your router to access the services you are installing on your VMs.

Please provide more information about your network, router, how the VMs are configured, etc, so the folks here can provide more information to you. I'm just providing some food for thoughts as I'm not using VMs on FreeNAS.

dirar

Cadet
Thank you melloa.

My freeNas has only real IP directly connected to the internet. I moved my machine a datacenter to be able to use the high speed bandwidth that they provide. I am planing to upload a 64TB of data an online backup service. The only VM that I have is a CentOS 7 VM, I use it to upload the data with a script to the online service. Please let me know if there is any information that I can provide.