Backup/Sync With multiple Hard drives

Markeyse

Dabbler
Ok. So I have my FreeNAS up and runningl burning in the drives and I have them mirrored. I mounted the server disk and used Windows Backup on Windows 10.

Everything is working, but I'm worried about some of my pro audio files, and maybe I should keep them separate. I have six drives, and three of them are dedicated to audio.

As far as I know, Windows only save the whole root folder as a whole, so it is saving the folders all in one. But if I wanted to kind of separate those from my other files on my computer, onto FreeNAS. It would be nice to still automatically sync, as well as save after a session. Is there another way to do that? Thanks in advance for your help.

JaimieV

Guru
There are many, many possible choices of backup software to run from Windows, which will put the backups on the NAS over a share. Which one you use isn't really a FreeNAS question, to be honest.

I use Windows 10 Backup to store a system image and backups of my two hard drives. When I do a trial restore, I can see the two hard drive trees separately as C: and D: in the backup and restore files as needed from them. I'm not sure what more you want?

Markeyse

Dabbler
Oh ok so it shows up as two? I'll try it and see as It just got done.