Backup network shares into FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertisan

Cadet
Hi,

I have already installed FreeNAS on PC, created pool with HDDs and now I want to create backup system.
The local network has about 6-8 PCs (Windows only, all have the same login credentials) that have shared folders - I would like to back up these folders to the NAS.
How to take it properly? I do not need any encryption for these copies.

garm

Wizard
I’m not following the description? Do you want to back up the FreeNAS data or do you want to back up the clients to the FreeNAS server?

vertisan

Cadet
I’m not following the description? Do you want to back up the FreeNAS data or do you want to back up the clients to the FreeNAS server?
Clients to FreeNAS.
Every client shares data, e.g. \\client_1\personal_data, \\client_2\photos, etc. and this network shares I want backup into FreeNAS.

kdragon75

Wizard
You need backup software. Look into Veeam EndPoint FREE. Its great free software (dont worry, it won't nag to buy anything) and can backup folders or whole computers. Just tell Veeam to backup the folder on the client to the FreeNAS server. It's all done over SMB.

vertisan

Cadet
You need backup software. Look into Veeam EndPoint FREE. Its great free software (don't worry, it won't nag to buy anything) and can backup folders or whole computers. Just tell Veeam to backup the folder on the client to the FreeNAS server. It's all done over SMB.
Thanks, I'll check it :)
At this moment I have configured rsync for testing purposes. Where can I find log for it? In /var/log I don't see it.

vertisan

Cadet
You need backup software. Look into Veeam EndPoint FREE. Its great free software (don't worry, it won't nag to buy anything) and can backup folders or whole computers. Just tell Veeam to backup the folder on the client to the FreeNAS server. It's all done over SMB.
Hi again,

I have checked this software and looks good but there is one think - It's creating 'backup file', but I need to create this backup like 'Copy & Paste' with permissions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.