Backup Callmanager with FreeNas

hsousa

Cadet
Hi,

Im trying to make the backup from Cisco Callmanager to FreeNas server, but i have some version wonking, and other dont. I dont understand why?
If i use my pc using freeftpd it works, but if i configure the Disaster Recovery to go to FreeNas its not working?
Does anyone knows this issue?

Best Regards,
Hugo Sousa

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This is the usual confusion between SFTP and FTP. SFTP is a variant of SSH, and uses the SSH service on FreeNAS, NOT the FTP service.

hsousa

Cadet
This is the usual confusion between SFTP and FTP. SFTP is a variant of SSH, and uses the SSH service on FreeNAS, NOT the FTP service.
Hi Samuel,

Yes. I know that. Im using SFTP. i have some callmanagers that works fine with FreeNas.

Samuel Tai

Samuel Tai

Samuel Tai

Samuel Tai

Look in /var/log/auth.log to see where the cipher mismatch is happening.

I am not sure how to apply that to the sshd_config in FreeNAS, but here is what I use for SSH servers that will act as backup devices for a Cisco Linux appliance.
Code:
KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1

Ciphers +aes128-cbc
Ciphers +3des-cbc

Those values are the ones I use for fairly current versions of CM. Older versions may need this as well in the sshd_config.
Code:
Ciphers +blowfish-cbc

Samuel Tai

Yes, all these values go in Services -> SSH -> Edit -> Extra options.

hsousa

Cadet
Hello,

Thanks for your help. Im trying to put this code in Extra Options from SSH service, but the service doesnt start if i put the options above.

KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
Ciphers +aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc

hsousa

Cadet
Yes, all these values go in Services -> SSH -> Edit -> Extra options.
Hello,

Thanks for your help. Im trying to put this code in Extra Options from SSH service, but the service doesnt start if i put the options above.

KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
Ciphers +aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc

hsousa

Cadet
Hi,

I have 99% of my cucm bck resolved with your tips. I just put the ciphers that you mentioned in Extra Option in SSH service.

Many thanks, for this.

But now im having another strange issue. I have one cucm with presence, the cucm makes the backup but the presence fails an it gives this message "109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream "

Do you any ideas?

Br,
Hugo Sousa

Is it possible one of the VM's is low on space? "show status" from the CLI. If that doesn't show you anything with low space then try "show tech runtime disk". If nothing is there then you will have to look at the trace files to see why it is unhappy.