[Available Plugin] XMRig - Monero (XMR) and AEON Cryptocurrency Miner

Kuro Houou

Contributor
What kind of processor do you have and how much are you making these days? I stopped using my CPU awhile ago.. just using gpus these days.. thought CPU mining was dead.

twizzler

Cadet
Two Intel E5-2650 v2, making a little under 1 coin a year @ half load.

Don't think it is dead, there are plenty of hashes ongoing@ supportxmr.com. Probably not as lucrative as GPU mining but with a box running anyway, why not?

Kuro Houou

Contributor
One Monero coin? That's like $250 bucks.. hmm yeah probably not worth it after power and cooling costs for me.

twizzler

Cadet
Yeah. Considering it was about $40 when I started, it is a nice payout. Expected the price to go up, curious where it will plateau.

nojohnny101

Wizard
I have been sitting on a coin for a while that I mined 2 years ago. Do people have recommendations on the most cost efficient and easier way to cash out and sell the coin?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
I have been sitting on a coin for a while that I mined 2 years ago. Do people have recommendations on the most cost efficient and easier way to cash out and sell the coin?
Either sell directly on an exchange that supports it, or use a coin pairing like XMR/BTC or XMR/USDT and cash those out.

Obligatory: Some countries consider crypto-to-crypto trades a taxable event, I am not a financial advisor, crypto is highly volatile, et cetera.

gwaitsi

Patron
I have an E2234 4CPU/8Threads for TrueNAs.
When I start the plugin, it drives 2 cores / 4 threads to 100% and cpu temp to 77+deg c from 39deg c
Seems to ignore the setting to only use 50% or even the default setting of 75%

I also use on HiveOS with i7700 and the default setting works i.e. 4 threads running have no impact on temp.

gwaitsi

Patron
Two Intel E5-2650 v2, making a little under 1 coin a year @ half load.

Don't think it is dead, there are plenty of hashes ongoing@ supportxmr.com. Probably not as lucrative as GPU mining but with a box running anyway, why not?
can you share your config. i have E-2234 with problem per comment above.

twizzler

Cadet
can you share your config. i have E-2234 with problem per comment above.
This is mine:
Screenshot_20220108-092502.png

flotueur

Dabbler
Hello there!
I would like to monitor my mining progress in real time, using the xmrig output like it is available on Windows for example.
How can I do that on this wonderful Truenas plugin?

cheeky

Cadet
Is this a dead project? If not would like to know more about it. New to TrueNas and saw this on the list.