[Available Plugin] XMRig - Monero (XMR) and AEON Cryptocurrency Miner

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
There's an algo for a coin called Alloy, do you think that could make the next release?
once it's available in a release of XMRig i can add it to the plugin.

Maturola

Explorer
[QUESTION]
I would love to do this to take advantage of my free "Cycles".

My system is running in top of a SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLM+-F-O with a Xeon E3-1245 V3.

the MOBO have 3 empty PCIes. can I add 3 GPU and take advantage of that to increase my hash rate?

Edit:
After some research I realized that the limitation here would be freeBSD driver available to the jail

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
How do i configure it in Freenas 11.2 ?
You might want to reconsider that. Profitability has tanked for mining lately and it will likely cost more in electricity to mine that it produces.

Leave

Cadet
Hi, @Joshua Parker Ruehlig have you noticed that there will be PoW algorithm change for Monero on 18th October?

The XMRig website says all miners must upgrade to v2.8+ of XMRig before then to continue mining.

I was wondering if you were planning to update your excellent FreeNAS plugin?

Many thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi, @Joshua Parker Ruehlig have you noticed that there will be PoW algorithm change for Monero on 18th October?

The XMRig website says all miners must upgrade to v2.8+ of XMRig before then to continue mining.

I was wondering if you were planning to update your excellent FreeNAS plugin?

Many thanks!
yes i did see that, didnt realize it was coming up so quick. ill do by best to get the plugin updated tonight, so itll be available by tomorrow.
Thanks for the reminder!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've hit a snag trying to build XMRig 2.8.1 for FreeBSD
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl

I see the port has not been updated, maybe we can get a FreeBSD bug report, and XMRig github issue created so we can resolve this?

EDIT
I got this fixed. Working on adding all the new options to the plugin.

Last edited:

twizzler

Cadet
How do i configure it in Freenas 11.2 ?

I have been digging into this a bit also, with 11.2 I don't see how to access these settings. The new UI doesn't offer this access as clearly (as far as I can see) and using the Legacy UI doesn't show the PlugIn.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you guys are still using this you're throwing money out the window........

twizzler

Cadet
If you guys are still using this you're throwing money out the window........

Thanks for sharing the opinion Jailer,
As I can't access any of the settings, I can't verify what I would be making or losing. Hence the original question.

Alix

Dabbler
I am also unable to find where I can change settings in xmrig on a fresh 11.2 install.

twizzler

Cadet
I am also unable to find where I can change settings in xmrig on a fresh 11.2 install.

I have had limited success editing: /usr/local/etc/xmrig/config.json in the jail.

Jailer is correct on the cost of crypto right now but the value is as fluid as any other investment. It would be nice to get a more concrete answer to adjust this from the GUI for posterity.

Jr922

Explorer
bump for 11.2 compatibility.
There is still use for this plugin even with no profitability due to price.
I personally would still like to try it out for fun since im on free electricity right now and crypto is cool regardless of the money side of it.
I also mine gridcoin which works as Boinc rewards and its not profitable.

I could even donate some time to help if needed.

Theiss

Cadet
Noticed Ajar_1 had asked without reply so I thought I ask as well... is there/will there be an update to XMRig for the recent fork? very much like having extra cycles make a little something when I'm not around to use them and love the simplicity of this addon to freenas

fizzgig656

Contributor
+1
it would be nice to findout if there is an update. ive currently changed to another coin, but would prefer to move back.

EventHorizon

Cadet
It's been a while since Joshua has been online/on here, does anyone know if he's okay?

Annnd just looked, said he was on yesterday. /phew

Carry on.

twizzler

Cadet
With the latest hard fork, CPU mining has become much more productive. Unfortunately, process are still down considerably... However, going from 250 H/s to 2.5KH/s is amazing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-153143.png
    Screenshot_20200103-153143.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 378