[Available Plugin] XMRig - Monero (XMR) and AEON Cryptocurrency Miner

fizzgig656

Contributor
Hi ok thanks ill give it a try. Is it available now?

Im not expecting 100s h/s. Jusr thought id not done something right.

Last edited:

fizzgig656

Contributor
Hi. Cant see the new (or old one come to that) version in the plugin list?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

fizzgig656

Contributor

fizzgig656

Contributor
Is it easily possible to get it to use GPU as well as CPU?

fizzgig656

Contributor
Hi. New plugin seems to be working great thanks.
I know im green but need to learn somehow.
Why is there 3 rates per thread (0,1,2) and obviously totals too.

Plus id like the know how to calculate the cpu affinity?
As i understand it, it should be 1 thread per physical thread (excluding hyperthreading)?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Been fiddling with this today. I have an i3-6100 which has AES-NI but only 3MB L3 cache. The best CryptoNight-Lite hash rate I can get out of it is 335H/s.

Admittedly the 24hr average hasn't caught up, but still...I can't see me bothering to run this if the payout is in the $0.06 per day region.

EyyVLaZ.png

fizzgig656

Contributor
have you tried cryptonight and monero? im not near 300h/s yet, but 300h/s should give you $0.44. i'm only a novice so im sure you already know this and ive probably missed your point. but if the servers running anyway, it $0.44 back for nothing?

danb35

Hall of Famer
it $0.44 back for nothing?
...except that it isn't "for nothing", you're burning watts to do that work. My server burns about 150W more when this plugin is running than when it isn't.

have you tried cryptonight and monero? im not near 300h/s yet, but 300h/s should give you $0.44. i'm only a novice so im sure you already know this and I've probably missed your point. but if the servers running anyway, it $0.44 back for nothing?

This CPU only yields ~50H/s when executing CryptoNight so the Monero payout is actually even worse. That's why I gave the "lite" version a try.

I think the upshot is that CPU mining on an i3 is a hopeless endeavour.

I'm going to turn my attention to getting either a Storj or Siacoin server running in a Docker container. With around 12TB of unused space, that might actually be worthwhile.

blacklc56

Dabbler
Hello,

I need your help.

1. I did setup everything like in your video on post#1.
  2. I did read all 8 pages here in the forum but have found no solution for me.
  3. I did restart the machine 2-3 times.
  4. I did delete and reinstall the plugin 2-3 times (v 2.4.5).
  5. I tried to add the "missing" user from post #93 "pw useradd -n xmrig -u 155 -d /nonexistent -s /sbin/nologin" and got the message that the user still exists.
  6. I checked all wallet addresses that I created for whitespaces that could broke anything but the mining begins everytime with new address.
  7. I checked the permissions. I'm not sure but did not touch anything so I think it is ok?
  8. I did wait hours for an update on the page "monero.hashvault.pro" but nothing happend.
  9. I could not login to the page with all tipps here from the forum. My address + selfmade password did not work. only mail address as password did not work. I tried everything.

You can see all my settings in the screenshots. The pictures should say everything. Could it be that I get geoblocked from germany? Could it be that the xmrig could not "talk" to the website because I have to forward some ports to 192.168.1.33? You can see everything under results is "0" and the „failures“ under „connection“ are counting up. I let this several hours until ~80 and than broke up.

EDIT:
-------
  1. Tried: "europe.monero.hashvault.pro:5555"
  2. Opened ports in the router for TCP and UPD in both directions for 5555 on 192.168.1.33. Nothing changed.

Do you have ANY idea what that could be?

Thank you everyone.
-------------
commandline in the jail.png hasvault site with no valid shares or anything.png jail network setup 1.png jail network setup 2.png mining json string.png xmrig_settings but did try many other settings.jpg network.png

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello,

I need your help.

1. I did setup everything like in your video on post#1.
  2. I did read all 8 pages here in the forum but have found no solution for me.
  3. I did restart the machine 2-3 times.
  4. I did delete and reinstall the plugin 2-3 times (v 2.4.5).
  5. I tried to add the "missing" user from post #93 "pw useradd -n xmrig -u 155 -d /nonexistent -s /sbin/nologin" and got the message that the user still exists.
  6. I checked all wallet addresses that I created for whitespaces that could broke anything but the mining begins everytime with new address.
  7. I checked the permissions. I'm not sure but did not touch anything so I think it is ok?
  8. I did wait hours for an update on the page "monero.hashvault.pro" but nothing happend.
  9. I could not login to the page with all tipps here from the forum. My address + selfmade password did not work. only mail address as password did not work. I tried everything.

You can see all my settings in the screenshots. The pictures should say everything. Could it be that I get geoblocked from germany? Could it be that the xmrig could not "talk" to the website because I have to forward some ports to 192.168.1.33? You can see everything under results is "0" and the „failures“ under „connection“ are counting up. I let this several hours until ~80 and than broke up.

EDIT:
-------
  1. Tried: "europe.monero.hashvault.pro:5555"
  2. Opened ports in the router for TCP and UPD in both directions for 5555 on 192.168.1.33. Nothing changed.

Do you have ANY idea what that could be?

Thank you everyone.
-------------
View attachment 23485 View attachment 23486 View attachment 23487 View attachment 23488 View attachment 23489 View attachment 23490 View attachment 23494
you do not need to open any ports for xmrig to run, all connections are outbound. did you check that your jail has working dns/networking. maybe try pinging google.com

pchmt

Dabbler
Just wondering if you will be building a new version for the upcoming PoW change on XMR, Aeon SUMO, DERO etc ... I would like to keep going after 7th April PoW change ...

I also want to add to the discussion on RoI that has been going on (having read the history to get here). I see mining as a speculative activity. If you are looking at it for a return now, then you are probably right to not bother. On the other hand, pick the right coin and you can potentially do very well. Take DERO for instance. Really early days for this but a very interesting project - smart contracts (think Etherum) built on Cryptonight (think Monero) rebuilt using Golong to make contract deployment much easier and more private. Golong dev finished two weeks ahead of plan, now they are working on the next phase. Current price is about $0.32, but if it later matches Etherum's price of $600 then there is a potential windfall. Its worth riskig some $ for that. And even if it never gets to that level it is unlikely to collapse ...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Just wondering if you will be building a new version for the upcoming PoW change on XMR, Aeon SUMO, DERO etc ... I would like to keep going after 7th April PoW change ...

I also want to add to the discussion on RoI that has been going on (having read the history to get here). I see mining as a speculative activity. If you are looking at it for a return now, then you are probably right to not bother. On the other hand, pick the right coin and you can potentially do very well. Take DERO for instance. Really early days for this but a very interesting project - smart contracts (think Etherum) built on Cryptonight (think Monero) rebuilt using Golong to make contract deployment much easier and more private. Golong dev finished two weeks ahead of plan, now they are working on the next phase. Current price is about $0.32, but if it later matches Etherum's price of $600 then there is a potential windfall. Its worth riskig some $ for that. And even if it never gets to that level it is unlikely to collapse ...
yup, i plan on updating the plugin sometime in the next few days

pchmt

Dabbler
That would be great. Actually, I would be really interested in how you went about building the plugin as I would like to compile one myself. I tried following the github instructions, but I couldn't download the github clone to my freenas. Did you have to modify the repository file or do some other stuff to get it to build?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
That would be great. Actually, I would be really interested in how you went about building the plugin as I would like to compile one myself. I tried following the github instructions, but I couldn't download the github clone to my freenas. Did you have to modify the repository file or do some other stuff to get it to build?
if you can clone the github repo your gonna have alot of trouble building the (PBI) plugins.

You basically need to create a FreeBSD 9 instance, hack the crap out of it since the PBI tools only work with the old package system, which was depreciated in 2014, and compile the xmrig port.
see here https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/more-plugins.14626/page-2#post-175364

This will hopefully be alot more straight forward with iocage based plugins. not sure when those will be fully supported in the FreeNAS gui, but i hope to rebuild all the current plugins for the new system when that is around.

pchmt

Dabbler
You basically need to create a FreeBSD 9 instance, hack the crap out of it since the PBI tools only work with the old package system, which was depreciated in 2014, and compile the xmrig port.
see here https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/more-plugins.14626/page-2#post-175364
Wow, that seems a great deal of effort. Mostly I run stuff in an ESXi VM, so I think I will just skip the hassle. If you are going to update the xmrig plug in that will be great for me. Thanks again.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
XMRig version 2.5.2 should now be available from the FreeNAS repo. A few things to note...
  • In my testing, upgrading did not work as expected, so I recommend you backup settings (Pool URL / User / Pass / etc...) before attempting to upgrade or reinstall the plugin.
    Upgrades using the current (PBI based) plugin don't work very well in general, so it probably is best to backup your settings, delete the plugin on the Plugins>Installed tab, reinstall on the Plugins>Available tab, reconfigure settings, and start the plugin on the Plugins>Installed tab.

• Make sure to configure a pool, some possible monero pools are listed here - http://moneropools.com/
    The default pool changed from "pool.minemonero.pro" to "failover.xmrig.com" in XMRig version 2.5.1, see here - https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/comm...e9f68d6#diff-5ca1cd5bde62416d7f8469f969948a94

• Many CryptoNight based coins require that you upgrade to continue minig. See here - https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/issues/482

Last edited:

Charlie86

Explorer
Hi,

I watched yours video, but when I try to upen Xmrig plugin it fails to open. At first I was thinking I have IP conflict on LAN, bu t IP 192.168.178.17 is free in my network. If I turn on jail I also can ping it, but can not open web page on 192.168.178.17.
For pool I enter
failover.xmrig.com:443
or
pool.minemonero.pro:5555

For user name I enter my public key

is there any other critical setting?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi,

I watched yours video, but when I try to upen Xmrig plugin it fails to open. At first I was thinking I have IP conflict on LAN, bu t IP 192.168.178.17 is free in my network. If I turn on jail I also can ping it, but can not open web page on 192.168.178.17.
For pool I enter
failover.xmrig.com:443
or
pool.minemonero.pro:5555

For user name I enter my public key

is there any other critical setting?
Did you set an API port?