thanks for letting me know. i screwed a number up when i refreshed the freenas repo.Hi. can't see the new (or old one come to that) version in the plugin list?
I found my use in life.....lol. its normally my fault. Ill check it tomorrow now. Thanks very much by the way for this plugin.
This CPU only yields ~50H/s when executing CryptoNight so the Monero payout is actually even worse. That's why I gave the "lite" version a try.have you tried cryptonight and monero? im not near 300h/s yet, but 300h/s should give you $0.44. i'm only a novice so im sure you already know this and I've probably missed your point. but if the servers running anyway, it $0.44 back for nothing?
you do not need to open any ports for xmrig to run, all connections are outbound. did you check that your jail has working dns/networking. maybe try pinging google.comHello,
I need your help.
- I did setup everything like in your video on post#1.
- I did read all 8 pages here in the forum but have found no solution for me.
- I did restart the machine 2-3 times.
- I did delete and reinstall the plugin 2-3 times (v 2.4.5).
- I tried to add the "missing" user from post #93 "pw useradd -n xmrig -u 155 -d /nonexistent -s /sbin/nologin" and got the message that the user still exists.
- I checked all wallet addresses that I created for whitespaces that could broke anything but the mining begins everytime with new address.
- I checked the permissions. I'm not sure but did not touch anything so I think it is ok?
- I did wait hours for an update on the page "monero.hashvault.pro" but nothing happend.
- I could not login to the page with all tipps here from the forum. My address + selfmade password did not work. only mail address as password did not work. I tried everything.
You can see all my settings in the screenshots. The pictures should say everything. Could it be that I get geoblocked from germany? Could it be that the xmrig could not "talk" to the website because I have to forward some ports to 192.168.1.33? You can see everything under results is "0" and the „failures“ under „connection“ are counting up. I let this several hours until ~80 and than broke up.
- Tried: "europe.monero.hashvault.pro:5555"
- Opened ports in the router for TCP and UPD in both directions for 5555 on 192.168.1.33. Nothing changed.
Do you have ANY idea what that could be?
Thank you everyone.
View attachment 23485 View attachment 23486 View attachment 23487 View attachment 23488 View attachment 23489 View attachment 23490View attachment 23494
yup, i plan on updating the plugin sometime in the next few daysJust wondering if you will be building a new version for the upcoming PoW change on XMR, Aeon SUMO, DERO etc ... I would like to keep going after 7th April PoW change ...
I also want to add to the discussion on RoI that has been going on (having read the history to get here). I see mining as a speculative activity. If you are looking at it for a return now, then you are probably right to not bother. On the other hand, pick the right coin and you can potentially do very well. Take DERO for instance. Really early days for this but a very interesting project - smart contracts (think Etherum) built on Cryptonight (think Monero) rebuilt using Golong to make contract deployment much easier and more private. Golong dev finished two weeks ahead of plan, now they are working on the next phase. Current price is about $0.32, but if it later matches Etherum's price of $600 then there is a potential windfall. Its worth riskig some $ for that. And even if it never gets to that level it is unlikely to collapse ...
if you can clone the github repo your gonna have a lot of trouble building the (PBI) plugins.That would be great. Actually, I would be really interested in how you went about building the plugin as I would like to compile one myself. I tried following the github instructions, but I couldn't download the github clone to my freenas. Did you have to modify the repository file or do some other stuff to get it to build?
Wow, that seems a great deal of effort. Mostly I run stuff in an ESXi VM, so I think I will just skip the hassle. If you are going to update the xmrig plug in that will be great for me. Thanks again.You basically need to create a FreeBSD 9 instance, hack the crap out of it since the PBI tools only work with the old package system, which was depreciated in 2014, and compile the xmrig port.
see here https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/more-plugins.14626/page-2#post-175364
Did you set an API port?Hi,
I watched yours video, but when I try to upen Xmrig plugin it fails to open. At first I was thinking I have IP conflict on LAN, bu t IP 192.168.178.17 is free in my network. If I turn on jail I also can ping it, but can not open web page on 192.168.178.17.
For pool I enter
For user name I enter my public key
is there any other critical setting?