I may have to try running it on a VM to see what happens as well, I have noticed in the past jails not being able to hit max CPU capabilities. I noticed your doing nicehash, I tried that one out and it say my hash rate is = CryptoNight 1.33 kH/s. Does yours show higher then what XMRig shows? Its odd XMRig shows about 730 now, but Nicehash shows 1.33 kH/s.
My CPU was pegged @ 100% in FreeNAS and ESXi.
- Interesting, that is a delta of ~79-90 h/s in your favor.
For fun, I spun up an Ubuntu VM, installed xmrig, and spun down everything else (except for pfSense):
- I think the variance may be accounted for by virtue of the fact that I had 3-4 VMs accessing the system's resources.
- I spun them all down and got around ~700 H/s.
- Regarding your question, are you using XMRig in a manner other than a plugin jail?
I don't think I will let that server quit its day job.
- Max reported = 1143 H/s
- 15 min average = 1058 H/s
Update: Looks like Nicehash was just getting things started when I first looked, looks to be around 700 h/s now again. So might look at the VM route. I am curious if anyone using the plugin/jail has gotten closer to 100% utilization.