Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Asigra first time run show error 404

danb35

FreeNAS Wizard
Thanks
I should have just filed a bug rather then complain..
It's a perfectly valid complaint, and wasn't targeting you specifically with my comment. It was simply an observation that, as I said, the devs don't spend much (if any) time here, so the way to get their attention is with a bug report. And though it isn't yet working for me, they seem to be on it.

Thanks
Hi all

Re-installed Asigra plugin on freenas box with default dhcp and default jail options - installed correctly. Clicked management and java opened applet 100% . Now stuck with trying to config it correctly. I iniitially registered but have no clue what user name and password to input in here?
Have tried the username & password created when inital registration was done but doesn't work.

1560253528053.png

Thanks
@danb35 Thank you so much for being so professional, I understand it wasn't directed at me but I also understand the importantance of the bug reports. Just love the community!

@Shane-Kelly I was just logging in to say the same thing. No where can I find how to configure the install or what default login credentials should be. I created the account on Asigra's site but those don't work nor do any of my freenas accounts. Does anyone know if there is a file in the jail we can edit to setup some kind of account?

Thanks
@danb35 Thank you so much for being so professional, I understand it wasn't directed at me but I also understand the importantance of the bug reports. Just love the community!

@Shane-Kelly I was just logging in to say the same thing. No where can I find how to configure the install or what default login credentials should be. I created the account on Asigra's site but those don't work nor do any of my freenas accounts. Does anyone know if there is a file in the jail we can edit to setup some kind of account?
Hi All credentials are root/root

Thanks
Hi All credentials are root/root
OK sir so now trying to setup the system I am supposed to click License Server from the setup menu but it is all greyed out... is there a services that needs installed somewhere else to use this with freenas? I didn't see any license server settings when I installed it. Trying to rtfm but hitting walls here... any advice is greatly appreciated.

FYI I did do the registration but did not download the 2 gig ISO.. do I need that? Isn't that just the install for a server?

Thanks
no real doc's avail for this plugin.
Docs -- v14.1 DS-System Help -- are pretty weak, but to be fair, they do say:

"NOTE: The first time you connect to a DS-System, you must log on as an administrator (Windows) or root user (Linux)."

But the plugin script didn't output that it was setting the jail root user's password to "root".

Elsewhere, the docs also say:
"Initially, DS-Operator only permits logins from “super users” (that is root for Linux, or Administrator for Windows). To enhance security, these users cannot manage the DS-System. They only have the right to add or edit roles for other users or groups."
and the interface pops up

1560347783519.png

but it seems like this means, you have to create another user in your jail (shell | adduser | follow the prompts), and then (while in Asigra as root) give that user the operator role, then log back into Asigra as the new user, and then everything won't be grey in the menus. And, for starters, you'll be able to enter the license server in setup (and I guess do other stuff, but I've had enough puzzles for today).

It would have been nice if the plugin script also created a starter "operator" user, and outputted the password it set (along with the root password).