API v1.0 and Zvol to Extent Bug

JM2K69

Dabbler
Hi I create a Powershell module to configure Freenas with API I have one problem to create an extent with a ZVOL This picture show to Extent the first Extent with the ID 1 is create with the Web GUI and the second with the API and my module.
View attachment 28502
When I look the documentation for the API freenas Documentation create a extent using zvol. There is an example :

{
"iscsi_target_extent_type": "Disk",
"iscsi_target_extent_name": "zvolextent",
"iscsi_target_extent_disk": "zvol/tank/zvolextent"
}
My extent is successfully created but when I open the Web GUI My Extent don't have a device configured for my Extent name demo2, and in the documentation All setting are define :
JSON Parameters:
  • iscsi_target_extent_name (string) – identifier of the extent
  • iscsi_target_extent_type (string) – File, Disk
  • iscsi_target_extent_path (string) – path to the extent (for File type)
  • iscsi_target_extent_disk (string) – path to the disk or zvol (for Disk type) e.g. “zvol/tank/zvol1”, “ada1”
  • iscsi_target_extent_filesize (string) – size of extent, 0 means auto, a raw number is bytes, or suffix with KB, MB, TB for convenience
  • iscsi_target_extent_insecure_tpc (boolean) – allow initiators to xcopy without authenticating to foreign targets
  • iscsi_target_extent_xen (boolean) – Xen initiator compat mode
  • iscsi_target_extent_comment (string) – user description
  • iscsi_target_extent_avail_threshold (integer) – Remaining dataset/zvol capacity warning threshold
  • iscsi_target_extent_blocksize (integer) – Logical Block Size
  • iscsi_target_extent_pblocksize (boolean) – Disable Physical Block Size Reporting
  • iscsi_target_extent_rpm (string) – Unknown, SSD, 5400, 7200, 10000, 15000
  • iscsi_target_extent_serial (string) – Serial number for the logical unit
  • iscsi_target_extent_ro (boolean) – Read-only extent
Or if you look the Extend created by the Web UI with a ZVOL the iscsi_target_extent_type is ZVOL Or the doc mention File or Disk an If i tried to set to ZVOL I have a Error 409 conflict. My question is How to create a Extent based on ZVOL with the API.

JM2K69

Dabbler
With the API It was impossible to define iscsi_target_extent_path = Value with un Post method or Put method ?

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at redmine.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

JM2K69

Dabbler
I update With the latest Update FreeNAS-11.2-U2 It seems working but some error in th UI display

FreeNas1.PNG

FreeNas2.PNG

FreeNas3.PNG