Another BETA1 user, please test for me: (iocage sickrage can't get updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
5 minutes to test.

Install a brand new sickrage plugin via new UI in iocage.
As soon as I do this, open the management window for the new plugin / jail, it comes back with this in the error section:
(auto check)
Code:
2018-07-12 16:27:33 CHECKVERSION :: Unable to contact github, can't check for update: error(61, 'Connection refused')

(manual check)
Code:
2018-07-12 16:16:19 ThreadPoolExecutor-0_0 :: Unable to contact github, can't check for update: error(61, 'Connection refused')

Note that this same jail the networking seems fine?? I can add TV shows, I can ping, I can resolve names and I can even add shows, pull down the thumbnails / info from TVDB.

I am baffled. I've logged a job but I'd like to fix this by this weekend. It must be something simple.

KrisBee

Wizard
Did you sort this? It works for me - access via <plugin/jail ip>:8081

diskdiddler

Wizard
I can fix my networking no problem
Ping / name resolution / fetch command / ping freenas host (and vice versa)

But none the less, can NOT contact github, it's a mess :/
I ended up logging a private job, it has network capture logs to diagnose it.

KrisBee

Wizard
Well it works for me if (a) I add the two tunables to ensure bridge and with physical nic member is up on boot, plus (b) I add 8.8.8.8 to DNS in network global network config.

But I can only install plugin with DHCP. Otherwise, for a static ip I have to install sickrage manually by creating a jail and following plugin json as a guide which I posted about before at Fresh sickrage from scratch, 11.2 Beta1

diskdiddler

Wizard
Kris:

Thanks so much, I'm so embarrassed and frustrated. I'm chatting in about 15 different forum posts, 10 different bug posts this last week so I missed your reply here.
That did fix the problem.

The question is **WHY** do I need to hard specify these figures to make my iocage jails work, but I don't need to for my warden ones?
Either way, I'm going to update the job report.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.