Allowing External Access to NextCloud Jail

ChrisLucas

Cadet
Hello,

I'm trying to access my NextCloud from internet. I haven't setup SSL yet but it will be done. Here are the steps that I've done:
  1. Install the NextCloud Plugin and Logged in with the admin account.
  2. I own a Domain and I create a Type A DNS zone that points to my public IP.
  3. From my router, I've port forwarded the port 80 (tcp/udp) to my server with the port 8282.
  4. My server isn't located in the DMz.
  5. The Jail is set to NAT and has NAT Port Forwarding set to 8282 (host) -> 80 (Jail)
I've missed something but I don't know what... Should I move my server to the DMZ? Do I need to configure a proxy?

SPECS:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
- RAM: 16GB
- Storage: 32 TB HDD and 128GB SSD
- Freenas 11.3

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Do I need to configure a proxy?
You don't "need to", but you should if you don't want to have issues with security. Look for the how-to articles in the forum for Caddy or nginX reverse proxy and SSL.

I haven't setup SSL yet
Don't. The reverse proxy can terminate SSL for you and that will usually be enough.

ChrisLucas

Cadet
Thanks for the advices for the proxy but any reasons/theories why I can't access my server from internet?

sretalla