Allow longer posts for resource threads

Stilez

Guru
I'm trying to update a resource, and hitting the 50k character limit.

For the resources section at least, there is a good case that long resource pages may be valid.

Can the page limit be upped from 50k to, say, 100k (or even more?), for resources at least, as I'm stuffed and can't update the extra info I want to add.

Hoping this is quick and (because it's resources only) not likely to be a problem or abused.

Thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
@JoshDW19, what are your thoughts on this? I think there's an argument to be made that extremely long resources are best made available as PDFs created with something more powerful than the XenForo post editor. Still, I tend to think that having longer resource bodies as an option is better than not having them.

Stilez

Guru
@JoshDW19, what are your thoughts on this? I think there's an argument to be made that extremely long resources are best made available as PDFs created with something more powerful than the XenForo post editor. Still, I tend to think that having longer resource bodies as an option is better than not having them.
Commenting as OP, I would add to this, that if I had to switch to a pdf editor to update/create the resource, there are good odds it just wouldn't happen, so encourage yes but please don't mandate - allow them to be done in the browser if the creator wishes to do so. Being able to do it "right there and then" is helpful, and as a reader, being able to read in the browser (rather than PDF) is also possibly preferable to some users. No harm done, so let it be.

Stilez

Guru
Thanks!