Admin passwords dont go along all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bohs Hansen

Don't know if this is actual considered a bug, or if it is intended that way - only one way to find out..

In my oppinion, the admin login passwords for root accounts should change when you change the password for the admin user in the GUI. (Maybe with optional checkbox)

When I setup my FreeNAS box, the first thing I did in the GUI was to change the default admin password.
However, what I didn't know, is that it doesn't affect the other admin user accounts used around the system, such as root for SSH. That was still set to the default one. I would consider that a risk if someone opens ssh and doesn't think about this issue.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
This is intended... For some people this is the expected behavior, for some it isn't but there are no plans to change this, this seems to be well documented

B

Bohs Hansen

thought that much. I know the ver.8 docs aint so far yet that all relevant has been transferred from the .7, or I missed it. But thanks for the reply, figured it prolly was intentionally.
I still think an optional checkbox in the interface to change em at once wouldn't hurt. :)

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Hi,

Well, perhaps =), if you feel this is important please fill a ticket in support.freenas.org so it don't get lost in the forum...

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.