Adding packages to the freenas image

Status
Not open for further replies.

waylander

Cadet
Hi All,

Currently I am freenas 7 user and have configured my freenas box to run sabnzbd, lpd and a mailsorter.

Having recently acquired a macbook with OSX Lion I want to move Freenas 8 so I can use my freenas as a timemachine using AFP and also add CUPS with some tweaking so I can print from my ipad and iphone on my legacy deskjet.

The most elegant solution for packages seems to be to add them to freenas image. I am able to build freenas just fine using the howto's. Adding the packages to image would be best as I think it would enable me to do easier upgrades of freenas.

But nanobsd still puzzles me a bit.

But I am trying to find the right place to put the additional packages. What is the best place to do this? http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=14129 describes it from nanobsd perspective, but I have troubles following this advice:

Place them into /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd/Pkg and add "customize_cmd cust_pkg" to nanobsd.conf.

1. Is this the right way?
2. If I can do this, I would be willing to put this together as a howto.

jjstecchino

Contributor
What I did to add mediatomb upnp server is adding a line into nanobsd/freenas-common.
at the end of the other standard freenas port add what you want

joeschmuck

Old Man
I am trying to figure out how to add a specific version of minidlna into the build. Version "minidlna-2010.12.12" is the one I want because it actually works, but the most current version does not work and always loads. The port is added in the freenas-common file but I'm not sure how to force it to use an older version.

Status
Not open for further replies.