Adding new reports to FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpearcefl

Contributor
I know FreeNAS 9.10 uses collectd but that is about it. I can find collectd info but not the specifics on how to add the additional reports to FreeNAS.

Can anyone help? I'll be happy to contribute back.

Sakuru

Guru
I'm pretty sure you can't change the reports built into FreeNAS. I believe the field for collectd is for sending reporting data to a separate collectd server.

dpearcefl

Contributor
That would be a shame if it is correct.

bigmac

Cadet
You can add the fields supported by the collectd package. Info supplied with collectd is used by RRDTools backened, which is used for Reporting. Unfortunately, the collectd supplied by FreeNAS is the standard package not suitable for the role. FreeNAS says NUT and UPS is supported, but the collectd is compiled with "NUT=no", which is very bad. Also, IPMI support is completely missing. Wish these bugs would be fixed soon.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You can add the fields supported by the collectd package. Info supplied with collectd is used by RRDTools backened, which is used for Reporting. Unfortunately, the collectd supplied by FreeNAS is the standard package not suitable for the role. FreeNAS says NUT and UPS is supported, but the collectd is compiled with "NUT=no", which is very bad. Also, IPMI support is completely missing. Wish these bugs would be fixed soon.
Are these...bugs...report in the bugs tracker?

bigmac

Cadet
Well, I guess they are considered "features", not bugs. The options you want may be already supported with collectd5 supplied. You can check list of available plugins parsing plugins directory (/usr/lib/collectd or similar, don't remember exact location).

Status
Not open for further replies.