add to zabbix UPS, connected to FreeNAS

mykolaq

Explorer
i have 2 zabbix servers in one rack and apc smart-ups, connected to one of them. I wanna add this ups to zabbix using snmp (now i have istalled zabbix agent on freenas), cause it is comfortable for me (i wanna have all monitoring devices in one place).
Are there any ways to do it?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I don't understand the question. What does the UPS have to do with freenas?

zambanini

Patron
zabbix is a monitoring system. I guess he wants to get the values from the direct connected (usb I guess) UPS via snmp to feed the monitoring system.

@mykolaq It is not smart, to install software packages on the FreeNAS appliance.
SNMP is the better way, so no extra dependencies. you can add customs trings for the snmp query in the system tab, maybe you can also run a shell script, that gets the nuts data for the UPS system and get back the data to snmap.)

my prefered way would be a snmp card for your UPS or a converter, but it is a matter of money you want to spend.

Last edited:

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I know what zabbix is, and it sounds like the zabix server is connected to a UPS. And there is a zabbix agent installed on freenas. So what is the real ask here?

INCSlayer

Contributor
topic says
usually I am the unfriendly person here ; )
have you met cyberjock? :P

and isnt it possible that hes installed zabbix in a jail?

I know what zabbix is, and it sounds like the zabix server is connected to a UPS. And there is a zabbix agent installed on freenas. So what is the real ask here?

if i understand the question he is wondering how to get the zabbix agent on his freenas to talk to his zabbix server for centralized monitoring.

mykolaq

Explorer
zabbix is a monitoring system. I guess he wants to get the values from the direct connected (usb I guess) UPS via snmp to feed the monitoring system.

@mykolaq It is not smart, to install software packages on the FreeNAS appliance.
SNMP is the better way, so no extra dependencies. you can add customs trings for the snmp query in the system tab, maybe you can also run a shell script, that gets the nuts data for the UPS system and get back the data to snmap.)

my prefered way would be a snmp card for your UPS or a converter, but it is a matter of money you want to spend.

Hello! Yes, UPS connected to Freenas server. About install software you are wright, and that's why i wanna know how to monitorings ups, connected to freenas, by snmp. My UPS is showed in system as "Smart-UPS C 3000 FWUPS 11.0 ID1007 American Power Conversion".

mykolaq

Explorer

did you mean something like that http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/UPS-Network-Management-Card-2/P-AP9630?_requestid=23383 . Any other way?

mykolaq

Explorer
I would be interested :) Thanks.
Hello, template is here https://yadi.sk/d/1IeKTWsO3Ank2b . This template use user monitoring and keys id_rsa.pub, id_rsa, you need to create it manually, more info on zabbix doc page here . if you have any questions, I will try to help you. If you have any suggestions about template, write me too, sometimes fresh sight is very good.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

JJT211

Patron
I am very interested as well. The link above is broken, if you could reupload it again, it would be much appreciated!