Active Directory and "home share" smb - avoid creation of username share folder

Zofoor

Patron
Hi everyone,
I am trying to use, for the first time, Freenas with an Active Directory server.

I have created a new share with the option "Use as home share", "Browsable to Network Clients" and "Access Based Share Enumeration" enabled.

This crates a shared called "homes", and a share for each user of the active directory. For example if there are 10 users, then there will be 11 shares.

I would like to have only the "homes" share, but I don't find any way to make that. Any idea? Perhaps there is an auxiliary parameter that I could use.
It seems too strange to me that this cannot be disabled. For example in a company with 300 users that would means 301 shares, making difficult to browse the shares.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi everyone,
I am trying to use, for the first time, Freenas with an Active Directory server.

I have created a new share with the option "Use as home share", "Browsable to Network Clients" and "Access Based Share Enumeration" enabled.

This crates a shared called "homes", and a share for each user of the active directory. For example if there are 10 users, then there will be 11 shares.

I would like to have only the "homes" share, but I don't find any way to make that. Any idea? Perhaps there is an auxiliary parameter that I could use.
It seems too strange to me that this cannot be disabled. For example in a company with 300 users that would means 301 shares, making difficult to browse the shares.
It only creates one share, which dynamically changes for each user.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
This means that "Bob" will only see the share "Bob", "Alice" will only see the share "Alice", and "Wilbur" will only see the share "Wilbur".

If you have the browsable checkbox checked then they will also see a share named "Homes" which goes to the same path.

Zofoor

Patron
Humm it's strange becouse if I log-out and log-in on the same pc with different profiles ("Alice" and "Bob"), the second user ("Bob") see also the share folder of "Alice" (but with the content of "Bob").

If I reboot the PC and log as "Bob" directly than he will see only his folder.