ACPI workaround for IBM x3650 machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSmith

Cadet
Is it possible to have a look to a failure which occures on IBM X3650 M3 servers - while Grub2 is booting the error: ACPI BIOS error (bug): A valid RSDP was not found .

I tried with several IBM X3650 M3 and X3550 M3 with the latest BIOS updates. Older systems from IBM running fine with the newest Grub2. There must be a workaround for that. If needed I can send a test server within the EU.

Hope the developers can do something to let it work with this kind of servers.
FreeNasBiosACPI.JPG

D

dlavigne

What are the possible UEFI settings in the BIOS and does changing them fix it?

SmoothRunnings

Dabbler
Have you resolved this yet?

Have you gone into your IMM and verified you have the least firmware updates installs? There is UEFI, DSA and something else.

Thanks,
SR

Is it possible to have a look to a failure which occures on IBM X3650 M3 servers - while Grub2 is booting the error: ACPI BIOS error (bug): A valid RSDP was not found .

I tried with several IBM X3650 M3 and X3550 M3 with the latest BIOS updates. Older systems from IBM running fine with the newest Grub2. There must be a workaround for that. If needed I can send a test server within the EU.

Hope the developers can do something to let it work with this kind of servers. View attachment 12830

Raider700

Cadet
I had the same problem here with an X3650 M3 and was able to fix it.

In the BIOS Options everything is set to performance and the powersave to C3.
In the boot order the USB or DVD device must be the first and then boot without using the Boot-Manager (F12).

With the Boot-Manager the start isn't possible and fails with the same error.
It seams, that there are some things not initialized at this point ...

Mat76

Cadet
Hi Raider700 !

I'm also trying to install Freenas on an X3650M3 but with the same error as FreshSmith.

I checked and changed the settings in the bios as you advocated but it does not work.

In order to check that I have applied everywhere in C3, can you list the locations where we need to modify?

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.