ACL Issues with SMB Folder

AltecBX

Patron
I have 2 share folders through SMB. I can access one of them and its subfolder in my Windows and Mac computer. The other folder I can see but can't access its subfolder. I deleted the SMB folder and added it again with default permissions and it still having the same issues. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks

AltecBX

Patron
This is the message I get when I access the subfolder :
1586115085697.png

AltecBX

Patron
Just bumping if anyone is around..

AltecBX

Patron
Please refer to this post.
Awesome! I was able to go the folder security in Windows and give myself Full control. It lasted about 10 min going through windows security but then I had access to all folders and sub-folders. I did go through 11.3 guide and after going through the SMB section 3x I still don't understand how to get it to work. I tried giving myself permission "full control" through the pool edit ACL and that didn't work. How come doing it through Windows it did the trick?

How come doing it through Windows it did the trick?
The Unix mode bits on the dataset give you basic permissions (owner-group-world). ACLs allow you to fine-tune permissions, and that's essentially what you've done. The FreeNAS ACL editor will also work, but personally, I prefer the compact view of the ACL that Windows presents. There are at least two cases I can think of where I believe you have no choice, but to use the FreeNAS ACL editor:
  1. You're working with ZFS ACLs as opposed to Windows ACLs (there are subtle differences); and
  2. You use non-Windows clients (eg MAC OS, Linux, etc) exclusively in your environment.
I'd encourage you to continue to develop the fortitude to troubleshoot permissions under FreeNAS. They are not so mysterious once you understand them.