Account Locked out by Two-Step

Rick_C

Cadet
Hi, I got a new phone. I had two-step enable. I had to reinstall the app and don't have the backup codes. What do I do? or who can I contact?

fracai

Guru
For your forum account? I don't know what the forum administrators could do (they may not be able to disable two factor for you) or would do (they may not be willing to disable it, by policy).

Note that this is sort of the point of two factor. You added an authentication measure to protect your account. And it is indeed protected. Worst case you create a new account. I wouldn't think there would be anything critical you'd have had stored in the forum.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I had to reinstall the app
What app? I'm not aware of any forum app, nor anything relating to the forum which uses two-factor authentication.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The forum supports standard (of course I forget which RFC it is now) two-factor authentication of the same style traditionally used by Google and Microsoft, among others.

As for your problem, OP, please PM an admin so that they can help you out. Be sure to mention that you're Rickinfl.

Rick_C

Cadet
I'm just trying to get my account 2 step removed so I can re-setup the 2 step. I was told to get a hold of the forum admin, but I can't find them. I upgraded my Android Phone and it didn't transfer any of my 2 step stuff so I had to setup the Google Authenticator App again. If someone can point me in the right direction or who to contact it would be great.

Thanks,
Rick

Rick_C

Cadet
Oh this is a Temp Account I setup to try and unlock my Regular account. The account I need to unlock is Rickinfl

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hey @Rick_C I'll be happy to help you recover your account. Can you send me a private message and confirm the username and email address associated with the account? Thanks!