Accidental shutdown caused by Tab

dashtesla

Explorer
So here's what happened, I requested a shutdown because i was gonna physically move the server to another spot, and the server did turn off normally.

I also accidentally turned my Mac off because i disconnected the wrong lead (unrelated room/situation) so it turned off and i turned it back on after plugging it back, booted up normally and chrome saved all the tabs that were open, i turned the nas server back online, I logged in with another tab, all was well until i clicked the old shutdown tab that was still open/cached when that loaded and it refreshed it caused my server to turn off again without asking if i really wanted that to happen, may be related to sessions or the way the shutdown command is issued/cached by the browser I thought it was important enough to report since an accidental shutdown like that could cause major disruptions during a file transfer.

Latest chrome, latest mojave, latest freenas.

D

dlavigne

Note that this sub-forum is for discussing potential bugs. You'll need to create a ticket at redmine.ixsystems.com to actually report it.