Accessing FreeNAS server via SONOS Controller

JohnR21

Cadet
Hello all,

I'm having difficulty in adding my music library to the SONOS software. I'm getting the Error 900 server stack message and to "...increase the stack size of server service on the computer that your music library is stored on..."

I'm running FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE and have created the SMB share:

/mnt/mediashare/mymedia/music/ and can access it via my Win 10 laptop so I know it works, but won't work in SONOS.

Can I increase the stack size on FreeNAS and how do I achieve that please? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

John

D

dlavigne

Yes, there are Tunables you can set. What is the exact error message?

mjt5282

Contributor
Sonos only knows about SMB1 for library sharing so you have to set a tunable in your system:

freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol = NT1 , sysctl enabled=yes.

after that, connecting to that share as guest works fine.

jimhorner67

Dabbler
Sonos only knows about SMB1 for library sharing so you have to set a tunable in your system:

freenas.services.smb.config.server_min_protocol = NT1 , sysctl enabled=yes.

after that, connecting to that share as guest works fine.
:
any chance you can screenshot your tunable add? i just tried and i got this error:
Value can start with a letter and end with an alphanumeric. A period (.) once is a must. Alphanumeric and underscore characters are allowed

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
:
any chance you can screenshot your tunable add? i just tried and i got this error:
Value can start with a letter and end with an alphanumeric. A period (.) once is a must. Alphanumeric and underscore characters are allowed
11.2 doesn't use the tunable. There's an "enable SMB1" checkbox under Services->SMB.