Accessing Corral Docker 'storage.img'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sql_dan

Cadet
Afternoon all,

Late last week my freenas-boot USB running Corral died. I am trying to recover the Docker data that I had on that install to save starting again.

Really - the only Docker I care about is the Plex database. If I can access that I can import into a FN 11 Plugin to recover Plex.

So...any ideas how I can mount/expand the storage.img file from the FN Corral install to view the docker data?
I have rebuilt FreeNAS to FN 11 and have imported the pool that the Docker was installed on - so have full access to all the original data on the disks. (Just still trying to recover my media! :|)

I found this in this thread: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/rancheros.53769/
Code:
root@box:/etc/rc.d# cat automount
#!/bin/sh
echo "automount ...";

rm -rf /var/lib/docker
mkdir /var/lib/docker
mkdir /host
mount -t 9p -o version=9p2000.L -o trans=virtio -o cache=mmap -o msize=512000 docker /var/lib/docker
mount -t 9p -o version=9p2000.L -o trans=virtio -o cache=mmap -o msize=512000 mnt /host

if [ ! -f /var/lib/docker/storage.img ]; then
/usr/local/bin/truncate -s 1T /var/lib/docker/storage.img
mkfs.ext4 /var/lib/docker/storage.img
fi

mount -o loop /var/lib/docker/storage.img /var/lib/docker

echo "automount over."
root@box:/etc/rc.d#

Is anyone able to elaborate to help me view the files in the .img? Is this even possible?
Would creating that script on FN11 and running it (with a little editing) work?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sql_dan

Cadet
Anyone?
If I interrogate the storage.img file I get this:

upload_2017-10-4_7-22-20.png

Should I be able to mount that to view the contents? To then enable me to extract the data?

Status
Not open for further replies.