SOLVED A couple SSH issues...

Thund3rDuck

Explorer
Good evening,

I am running into a few issues with my FreeNAS box. It's a N40L Gen7 Microserver with 8GB of RAM. It's currently running 11.2-RELEASE. 11.2-U3 had major issues, reloaded with 11.2-RELEASE and it has been running fine. I went to setup a local replication task but it would never generate the necessary information for the key while in the new UI. Switching over to the legacy UI added the extra few lines needed for setting up the task. Even after that, I would get errors about "No ECDSA host key is known" or something and then it would give me a "permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive)" after that. Now, I can no longer ssh into my own device. When trying to connect it says using "keyboard-interactive authentication" and then access denied.

Any thoughts? Also what is the proper way to setup the local repication? I've followed several sets of instructions but it still doesn't work.

Apollo

Wizard
Documentation can be found in under the GUI, referred to as "Guide".
There are steps showing how to setup replication.

About your "No ECDSA host key is known" issue, normally this is the result of the remote server lacking the fingerprint of the certificate and the machine which is trying to gain access.
Normally, if you connect as root, the root account on the remote side must have its account linked with the public key of the source, I think.

But all of it should be described in the guide. It is just a matter of scheming through it and understanding it.

Thund3rDuck

Explorer
Documentation can be found in under the GUI, referred to as "Guide".
There are steps showing how to setup replication.

About your "No ECDSA host key is known" issue, normally this is the result of the remote server lacking the fingerprint of the certificate and the machine which is trying to gain access.
Normally, if you connect as root, the root account on the remote side must have its account linked with the public key of the source, I think.

But all of it should be described in the guide. It is just a matter of scheming through it and understanding it.

Hello there, my apologies for not responding sooner. Work has been a little crazy. Now I finally have time to dive back into this. I was able to resolve the issue by using the legacy UI. Apparently there is a bug when you click Scan SSH Key in the modern UI, it will not populate all the data for the key. When I did the same thing in the legacy UI, all the data is there. I am on the latest stable version. Definitely a bug.

BTW, local replication is not referenced in the manual. If there was a specific section under replication in the manual, that would be more than helpful.