4 3tb only 5tb available

lmartinez073

Cadet
Hi

I just installed Freenas with 4x 3TB disks and 2x 256 for cache but I only see 5TB from the 4x 3TB. is this normal?

Thank you,
Luis

Attachments

• dashboard.png
    dashboard.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 251
  • HD-list.png
    HD-list.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 282

Redcoat

MVP
Please post the output of zpool list and zpool status

lmartinez073

Cadet
Hi

Here are the results.

Thank you.

Attachments

• zpool-list.png
    zpool-list.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 277
  • zpool-status.png
    zpool-status.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 272

Redcoat

MVP
Well, for your RaidZ2 (2 parity drive) pool that usable capacity looks correct. A couple of things to remember - drives are sold with capacities in TB, we are reporting based on TiB - and we are also seeing the effect of the inclusion of a 20% overhead (above 80% capacity performance is affected, above 95% pool may become impossible to use).

Use the calculator at https://wintelguy.com/zfs-calc.pl to check the numbers for yourself.

Last edited:

sretalla