32bit version of plugin Resilio Sync in repository so no syncing of files >4GB, need 64bit version (it is 2019...)

Zensig

Dabbler
Read about this issue in forums months ago! Still has not been fixed! NOT GOOD!

Zensig

Dabbler
Yep, ticket created by me to get it fixed, quickly hopefully. The plugin repository has been run very badly. I had to create a ticket to get Resilio Sync updated when the version in the repository was over a year old! And now this with a 32bit version put in there! It's not like it's the appstore with billions of software! Doesn't instill much confidence in a product when it's handled this badly.

danb35

Hall of Famer
The plugin repository has been run very badly.
Agreed--don't even think about trying the Nextcloud plugin (or, heaven forbid, Asigra). It really looks like they're more interested in having a long list than in having them actually be useful.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Is the whole plugin system also open source?
AFAIK, the system itself is open-source. Some of the plugins, however (Plex is certainly the most popular; Asigra also comes to mind) are not.

seanm

Guru
So, for nextcloud for example, is it not possible for people outside iX, like you, to contribute to making the nextcloud plugin up-to-snuff?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Sure it's possible: https://github.com/freenas/iocage-plugin-nextcloud/pull/13 (it merged cleanly when I submitted it over four months ago--they've made another commit to the plugin since then (which only serves to make the plugin more broken) that results in a conflict). In case the PR didn't ping the right people, I submitted a ticket a couple of weeks later, which has yet to be screened.

It's open source, but it's their repo, so they have to merge it.

Last edited: