11.3 SMB not working

subzer011

Dabbler
Upgraded from 11.2 U5 to 11.3 BETA via fresh install from ISO and a config file restore. But my network shares seem to no longer work. I use the root account to map drives and control access to shares via "Hosts Allow" setting on each share to Windows 10 desktops. When I try to access the shares using root account, Windows 10 keeps telling my wrong password. Anything I should check?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Upgraded from 11.2 U5 to 11.3 BETA via fresh install from ISO and a config file restore. But my network shares seem to no longer work. I use the root account to map drives and control access to shares via "Hosts Allow" setting on each share to Windows 10 desktops. When I try to access the shares using root account, Windows 10 keeps telling my wrong password. Anything I should check?

PM me a debug. System->Advanced->Save debug. I will look over the config. You can also review output of "pdbedit -L" to check if the root account has an entry. Generally we don't generate a passdb.tdb entry for the root account (we assume that users will create a normal user account for shares).

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
[2019/11/07 10:34:33] (DEBUG) SMBService.synchronize_passdb():486 - Synchronizing passdb with config file: deleting user [root] from passdb.tdb

In 11.3 we're much more careful about making sure that samba's passdb.tdb file and the freenas configuration database stay in sync. Changes made manually to samba's passdb.tdb file through commands such as "pdbedit -a root" will not persist.