11.3 release - Can't get replication schedule to work

MikeyG

Patron
I'm trying to set a schedule for replication to take place starting at 1AM and no later than 3AM. This would be for snapshots taken throughout the day. Previously on 11.2 this worked fine. Getting the error "Push replication can't be bound to period snapshot task and have schedule at the same time. Even when set for the defaults to run at any time, I get the error message below.

1580243551558.png

What am I doing wrong?

MikeyG

Patron
I think I may also not be understanding the difference between "schedule" when "Run Automatically" is selected and "Snapshot Replication Schedule"

I want to replicate all snapshots taken during a specific time, not replicate a certain subset of snapshots taken, which is what the description for "Snapshot Replication Schedule" seems to imply:

Schedule which periodic snapshots will be replicated. All snapshots will be replicated by default. To choose which snapshots are replicated, set the checkbox and select a schedule from the drop-down menu. For example, there is a system that takes a snapshot every hour, but the administrator has decided that only every other snapshot is needed for replication. The scheduler is set to even hours and only snapshots taken at those times are replicated.

systemofapwne

Dabbler
I ran into the same problem when I initially went to 11.3-RC1. It still persists in 11.3-RELEASE. My workaround is as follows and most probably not the way "Snapshot replication schedule" is meant for.

Instead of adding a "Schedule", I added a "Snapshot replication schedule" which includes every snapshot via this cron-tag: (* * * * *). I then set "Begin" to 00:00:00 and "End" to 23:15, which is the time inbetween a replication is NOT to allowed to be run. This will trigger the replication only to start at 23:15.

I know, that this is kind of hacky, but it is the only way for me to replicate during a fixed timespan - Even though I would like to shift that to 3 in the night...