11.2U4 broke my jail mounts

rglover666

Cadet
I guess I should have said that I removed any spaces that were acting as delimiters and made sure that I only used tabs. I suspect that the fix for 101252 does not allow the use of spaces for delimiters any longer.

My fstab files contained spaces as well as tabs for delimiters like this:

/mnt/disk2/Share/Documents<sp><tab>/mnt/iocage/jails/jail1/root/mnt/disk1<tab><sp><sp>nullfs<tab>rw<tab>0<sp><sp>0

and I changed it to:

/mnt/disk2/Share/Documents<tab>/mnt/iocage/jails/jail1/root/mnt/disk1<tab>nullfs<tab>rw<tab>0<tab>0

Scharbag

Guru
My stab entries did not break when I updated from U3 to U4. This is a strange issue.

jerryjharrison

Explorer
I have to agree with Raidflex. This is not beta software and I held off until it was in the Production chain. This is a step backwards as the Fstab mount points are heavily used in most Jails...

ThreeDee

Guru
so why do some people have issues and others do not...?

Alecmascot

Guru

FJep

Dabbler
I think it only affects jails migrated from pre 11.2.
Yes, I had also spaces in a migrated jail. When comparing my fstab to that of the other newly created jails the only difference was <tab> to <space>.
I am not sure what the replacing any spaces with tabs means?
Open a console on your freenas system and use jls <enter> to find out your jail names and then ee /mnt/VolZ1/iocage/jails/<jail name>/fstab to change spaces to tabs. Leave editor with <esc> and save file.

newmannator

Cadet
Hoping someone can help with my issue....

I had the issue with the spaces after upgrading to u4, but i fixed them and now have a different error "Malformed ftab at line 14:" with the same line in fstab

line 14, I have looked at it multiple times, and cant see the issue

EDIT: I found the issue, as I was posting this, I realized there was a blank line after line 14, I removed it and all is well

Code:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 131, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 91, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 609, in start
    iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1663, in start
    callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 156, in __start_jail__
    ).__validate_fstab__(fstab_list, 'all')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_fstab.py", line 279, in __validate_fstab__
    exception=iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.ValidationFailed
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.ValidationFailed: ["Malformed fstab at line 14: ''"]
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
iocage_lib.ioc_exceptions.ValidationFailed: ["Malformed fstab at line 14: ''"]

fstab.jpg

Last edited: