11.2 UI + Chrome problem

jywglady

Cadet
I use 11.2, and when I used Chrome to login to the new UI, all icons were disappeared, the screenshot is as follows. It's fine if I used Firefox.
My system: Freenas-11.2-stable,
Browser Client: Ubuntu 18.10, Chrome 70.0.3538.67.
Any suggestion?

1549944370303.png

wblock

Documentation Engineer
That is a font settings problem. The new FreeNAS UI and many other current web interfaces use custom fonts for icons. If the browser is not allowed to use fonts from the website, the text versions are displayed as in your screenshot.

I don't use Chrome, but in Firefox, that setting is in Preferences -> Fonts and Colors -> Advanced -> Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above. There is likely to be a similar setting in Chrome.

jywglady

Cadet
Thank you for your reply. I just tried to find a similar setting in Chrome with no luck. I then installed some extensions, including Font Changer with Google Web Fonts™, Advanced Font Settings, and Stylish, but still could not solve this problem.
Yet I think you are right, the problem is due to the font setting since I found these texts are material fonts.
I had no problem when I used Chrome in MacOS.

I too am still running into this issue. Firefox works fine for me as well. I do not believe it is a browser settings issue as it occurs on all the chromium based browsers I have tried (Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave).

Material Design Icons render correctly on other websites and I am unable to reproduce the issue except with the new Freenas UI.

I only run into this issue on my Linux install (Arch > xmonad). Chrome in Windows shows the icons correctly.

1563753004617.png