11.2-U5 Unable to Use

afmiller

Contributor
I rebuilt my drives, and I am trying to install plex. first I tried the methods here with no luck. It just wouldn't install. Then I tried the Plugin and a manual install. When I install plex and go to the web interface, on the left Side. I only see remote media. I have no option to add libraries for local content. I know I must be missing something but I am at a complete loss. Any help would be appropriated

saikee

Explorer
I found 11.2-U5 incredibly easy for Plex.

First I have a zpool with Plex installed so it has the iocage subdirectory. I left it untouched.

I can just go to another PC to install FreeNAS 11.2-U5 say on a small ssd. Then I take this boot drive to the pC with the zpool. It boots up and reports no pool so I could add my old zpool.

Once the pool has been added the installed jailed (and plungin) with the pool would appear in the new system in "down" status. All I need is to "start" it.

Once Plex has been started it can be accessed in the Internet anywhere. I tried it twice with two new boot drives to convince it really works in such a simple way.