SOLVED 11.2 and Services hang

Crotalus

Dabbler
I installed 11.2 hoping that it would fix the problem with "Services" not loading. When I attempted to access using the GUI I get the following message;
"Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS System is powered on and connected to the network".
I reverted back to FreeNAS-11.1-U7 . Here is the FreeNAS enviroment;
Code:
Copyright (c) 1992-2017 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r321665+79f05c3dd3d(HEAD): Wed Jan 23 12:02:34 EST 2019
    root@nemesis.tn.ixsystems.com:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/objs/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/sys/FreeNAS.amd64 amd64
FreeBSD clang version 5.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_500/final 312559) (based on LLVM 5.0.0svn)
VT(vga): resolution 640x480
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4370 CPU @ 3.80GHz (3791.62-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin="GenuineIntel"  Id=0x306c3  Family=0x6  Model=0x3c  Stepping=3
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x7fdafbbf<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,SDBG,FMA,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,TSCDLT,AESNI,XSAVE,OSXSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND>
  AMD Features=0x2c100800<SYSCALL,NX,Page1GB,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x21<LAHF,ABM>
  Structured Extended Features=0x27ab<FSGSBASE,TSCADJ,BMI1,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,NFPUSG>
  XSAVE Features=0x1<XSAVEOPT>
  VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,UG,VPID
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 17179869184 (16384 MB)
avail memory = 16521330688 (15755 MB)

I am trying to access the web page from a Windows 7 Professional system.

The Services problem occurs with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Tor Browser. I found my old Windows XP system in the closet and decided to try it. No problems and the Services window became usable. I was able to activate the service I wanted(FTP). I did not try Ver 11.2 with the XP machine.

Firefox XP version 52.9.0(32 bit)
Firefox Win7 version 64.0.2(64 bit)

Has anybody that is using Win 7 been able to get the Services window to work? It would appear that there is a problem with the web page programming and Win 7. Windows 7 is still a supported system from Microsoft. What other OS have people been using that works?

How to fix this?

Crotalus

Dabbler
Thanks for the response. I have spent more than a few hours trying to fix the problem. I searched more than 300 bug reports and found one. It was "marked closed and works as intended". I don't have Kasperky on any of my Windows 7 machines. I have AdAware on two machines. I disabled it with the same results. I have SpyHunter on another one and I disabled that with the same results. I disabled Windows Defender and Windows Firewall with same results. My laptop is out of the box with Windows 7 and added Firefox, I like it, and AdAware.

I did find one post where someone has PfSense as the router and firewall. I made the changes that "fixed" his. Same problem. I put some rules in to ignore any rule and allow a pass of everything from WAN to LAN, LAN to WAN and LAN to LAN. Same problem.

Here is something interesting; I have a FreeBSD setup running
FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p8 #0: Tue Jan 8 21:35:12 UTC 2019
With
as the desktop. Using this system and Firefox or Konqueror it loads the web page and functions correctly.

I tried it an an I-phone X using Firefox and it works. Almost impossible to use but it functions correctley.

I have an old Windows XP with Firefox and it works correctly also.

My network has PfSense as the router and firewall that is connected to a 24 port managed switch. Each of the devices are connected to the switch through an Ethernet cable, except for the I-Phone. It is connected through the wireless access point.

* Tell me if I heading in the wrong direction. *

If I can get correct function on three different devices, does that say I don't have a network problem?

If it doesn't work with Windows 7 is there something unique about the operating System?

Is there some setup on the Windows 7 machines that I am overlooking? I don't pretend to be a Windows expert.

As an afterthought I upgraded to 11.2 and got the following; Everything works on the non Windows 7 machines. With the Windows 7 machine I get a blue screen with the following message.
Connecting to NAS... Make sure that the NAS System is powered on and connected to the network.
I rolled that back.

I have no idea what to do. I do have a way to access the NAS, but I should be able to use it on any device. The NAS and the FreeBSD server is in the basement and the computers on on the top floor.

Crotalus

Dabbler
I found my problem. It was the free version of AdAware. With the access shutoff/disabled I found that looking in the task manager I saw that the program was still running and taking memory and CPU time. I deleted the program and did a reboot as was suggested and everything is functioning now. I don't pretend to know how this works.