Запуск службы UPS

DrBob

Dabbler
Коллеги, добрый день. После смерти какого-то из компонентов NAS (материнская плата перестала подавать признаки жизни) и переноса дискового массива на новую платформу я столкнулся с рядом мелких проблем.
В качестве программной части было решено взять FreeNAS-11.2-U2.1 и построить сервер с 0.
Не получается подключить UPS, работавший со старой версией FreeNAS
Через usbconfig нахожу UPS на порту. Через конфигуратор служб прописываю модель UPS (genericups upstype=4) и порт (/dev/ugen0.2).
Прописываю Shutdown Mode, остальное не трогаю.
Пытаюсь запустить службу - получаю сообщение Service Failed to Start.
На что обратить внимание?

Проблема решена: genericups заменён на blazer_usb, после чего он стал опознаваться системой и начало работать программное отключение.

Last edited:
What messages relating to the UPS service appear in the console window?

DrBob

Dabbler
I get only a message "UPS service failed to start" as a graphic window.
Any console commands to use in the shell?

Attachments

• shot.JPG
    shot.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 612
The console window down the bottom of the screen. Double-click to expand it. If you don't have it, you will need to enable it as shown in System / Advanced.

screenshot.193a.png

DrBob

Dabbler
The console window down the bottom of the screen. Double-click to expand it. If you don't have it, you will need to enable it as shown in System / Advanced.
Yes, you're right, I forgot about this option and it's location.

The console shows
Mar 24 20:04:40 GATE upsmon[90891]: UPS ups is unavailable

And continously
Mar 24 20:04:45 GATE upsmon[90891]: UPS [ups]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

Double-check the UPS port. Avoid a USB3 port. Try on a USB2 port.

DrBob

Dabbler
I've tried different ports. And certainly I know the idea to avoid USB3 ports.
The promlem is that though usbconfig reports something like
shot.JPG

the UPS service does not start.

The easiest way to determine the correct device name is to plug in the USB device and look for a /dev/ugen or /dev/uhid device name in the console messages.

DrBob

Dabbler
The problem is not to find the device - I already know it's name and it is the only USB device connected - it is MEC0003 on ugen0.2.
The problem is with starting the UPS service. I supply the correct port and get:
Mar 24 20:43:02 GATE root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut: WARNING: failed precmd routine for nut
Mar 24 20:43:02 GATE upsmon[90891]: UPS [ups]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection refused

Last edited:
@DrBob Just want to double-check. You mention that you had the UPS working on a previous version of FreeNAS. I gather then, it is on the NUT HCL? If so, what UPS brand and model is it?

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Looking on genericups man page, it seems like it supposed to work on top of serial port. If in your case that is a USB serial port, I would expect you to use one of /dev/cuaUX device instead of /dev/ugenX.

DrBob

Dabbler
@DrBob Just want to double-check. You mention that you had the UPS working on a previous version of FreeNAS. I gather then, it is on the NUT HCL? If so, what UPS brand and model is it?
Thank you for trying to help. In fact the solution of the problem about a year ago was reduced to finding the correct UPS driver. I'm not a NAS geek, assembling storages is not my everyday job, so I forgot how I was having sex with this problem a year ago, when I was connecting this same UPS to a previous NAS assembly, which died a couple of days ago after about 5 years of continuous operation.
The problem appeared trivial: this very UPS is called "Powerman Back Pro" and has a corresponding configuration in the drop down list "genericups upstype=4" driver in the ups setup. It does not work. But "blazer_usb" driver does.

DrBob

Dabbler
Looking on genericups man page, it seems like it supposed to work on top of serial port. If in your case that is a USB serial port, I would expect you to use one of /dev/cuaUX device instead of /dev/ugenX.
I already fixed the problem using the solution, that was given to me a year ago, I just did not find it quickly: it iz necessary to use blazer_usb driver

ansav051

Cadet
Здравствуйте, вопрос по подключению APC SmartUPS RT - у него управление подключенными серверами идет по сети, соответственно на серверы ставится агент. А как правильно организовать/настроить FreeNAS (11.2-U5 на данный момент)?
Спасибо!

Buch

Dabbler
Если там есть карта с поддержкой SNMP то можно так:
snmp.png
У меня так три ups работают, два SUA и один SURT. Настройки везде одинаковые, кроме IP, разумеется.