Resource icon

FreeNAS® Quick Hardware Guide Rev 2a)

This is the FreeNAS Quick Hardware Guide. It is not meant as a replacement for the Hardware Recommendations Guide - it is just a sort of quick reference for popular parts.

To download this document use the orange button.

If you know of something that should be added to the list, or if you have any questions or comments, please use the discussion thread linked above.
Author
Ericloewe
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.38 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Ericloewe

Latest updates

1. Discussion thread now up

With the recent XenForo update, it is again possible to manage discussion threads, so I opened...
  2. Missing discussion thread

I just realized this resource never got a discussion thread. Unfortunately, the tools to manage...
  3. Major revision: Version 2a

This is the first major update to the Quick Hardware Guide. Much of it had to be remade from...

Latest reviews

I might suggest different boards not using the Intel Atom C2000 series. They are now known to have an issue with high failure rates. Supermicro A1SAi-2750F and Supermicro A1SAi-2550F for example. Google "Intel atom failure".
need spelling correction for boot device section.
SanDisk Cruzer Fit, not crucial fit.
Great resource, Boot device links are no longer working, I think only 2 worked. Otherwise this helps a ton !!Thanks!
Very valuable information. I think it lacks a lot in regard to 1151 CPUs while there are a lot of motherboard recommendations for the 1151 socket. At least a Skylake i3 should be added.
Also worth mentioning that a Dell H310 Controller is another good choice.
thank you for this! confirmed my purchase!
Even though it looks kind of dated It is still a nice starting guide. Thanks
Excellent starting point
Helpful list of hardware that others have used successfully. Not quite displayed as well as it could be.