----dataset2 - plex

I have
mainUser - access everything
mainUserGroup - access everything
plexUser - access datasset2.plex
plexUserGroup - contain plexUser & mainUser

dataset1.general permissions is set as mainUser & mainUserGroup
dataset2.plex permissions is set as plexUser & plexUserGroup

When I try to connect to the shared folder/map it using different credentials I get windows:

1571388928220.png

If I set dataset2.plex to mainUser, I can the connect to it.

If I set it to either mainUser or plexUser, when I go to plex and try to map the hdd the Plex Media Server/freeNas - are grayed out. I cant select it for my media source.

It would be amazing to get any help at all. As far as I can tell I have 2 issues,
1. Access shared folder using 2 different credentials.
2. Access media files from plex.

TIA

---

Edit I think this will help me with plex > https://www.ixsystems.com/community...-plugin-not-allowing-me-to-add-folders.79376/ but why the mainUser has no access to the plex dataset is beyond me :- (

Last edited:

Dariusz1989

Contributor
This? > @garm
1571390807594.png

This is plexUser / mainUser looks thesame as far as I can tell with difference that mainuser belongs to 2 groups:
1571391299631.png

I've set the folder to be mainUser for a moment, went in to security(windows folder properties) and added a plexGroup manually, so that I had plexUser + plexGroup listed & removed mainUser from list as I "think" that if the user is in a group it will get access? Else only1 user can access it at a time...

Ok I had some "success".. I changed my group from plexGroup to mainGroup, and now my mainUser has access to it while owner is plexUser. Its a bit odd tho. I still can't add data in plex tho :- ( - I however don't see all files... sigh

Mor edits, I selected share folder and added all permissons I could to it and users. Still no luck in plex :- (

I don't actually know which account is plex using to access the nas...

Last edited:

Dariusz1989

Contributor
Nope, I can't get it to work, I add the user in windows so the plexUser is in, I restart PC, I try to log in using the plexUser pw/login and I got access denied. It's as if I had a bugged FreeNAS somehow and nothing related to permissions work :- ((((((
I was updating freenas since 9.x... maybe I need format/reinstall ?