Cant access pool. System and me is in panic.

tuxxer

Cadet
Hi, im a Linux noob and i thought i was ready for Freenas and knew what i was doing. I didnt...

No Changes by my side. Not moved, it has been powered off, cable not inserted for 2months.

Problem: Cant reach my saved data.

While mounting localfilesystem at boot:
KDB: enter: panic
Stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b: movq $0,kdb_why

At start i see raid critical error as status. On both Machines. Dont know why, i cant find any errors on discs. They are found and status healthy. I have tried to insert the discs on another HP microserver (i have 2).

Setup:
HP microserver (N54 + N40).
8GB ram
40GB SSD for FreeNAS system (also tried USB today)
2x3TB discs, run time about 15h

If i pull out the both discs (must be both) get no error and i can reach the gui and so on. But with the two (any of them) i get this error above.

I tried in singel user mode: zpool import "pool name" with lots of other guids parameter (f, F, R, X and so on) but no success, Always this KDB: enter: panic. Also tried add with id.

zpool import shows my pool name called Fatso. State online.

zpool status dont show my pool Fatso.

Please, i really would appreciate your help to save my data. I dont need to fix error, just save data. Or, fix error and data. I have googled and tried for 7h but im totaly lost.

tuxxer

Cadet
Raid mode is: Raid 1. Is it a HW problem, SW problem, Raid problem? I hope we can get the answer.

Hi @tuxxer, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. To be honest I'm having a bit of a hard time determining exactly what your setup is so it is hard to offer advice. Would you mind posting every part in your computer as well as the exact model number? Take a look at my signature for the level of detail I'm talking about. With an issue like this the exact hardware is extremely helpful.

I did a quick bit of googling and found this thread; perhaps it is relevant.

At start i see raid critical error as status. On both Machines. don't know why, i can't find any errors on discs. They are found and status healthy. I have tried to insert the discs on another HP microserver (i have 2).
Are you using a hardware RAID card or the RAID functionality of your motherboard? In general this should be avoided complete. FreeNAS uses the ZFS filesystem which is a software RAID solution. As part of its job it manages your disks directly and in order to be guaranteed to have no annoying hiccups with hardware, no hardware RAID should be employed. If you're using hardware RAID, this could perhaps be the problem?

Raid mode is: Raid 1. Is it a HW problem, SW problem, Raid problem? I hope we can get the answer.
Just to be clear, you're talking about traditional hardware-style RAID 1 here? As in two drives as exact replicas? If so, ditto above about hardware RAID. If you're talking about a ZFS vdev type you may find this resource useful about terminology.

Hi, im a Linux noob and i thought i was ready for Freenas and knew what i was doing. I didnt...
Don't feel too bad; it has a bit of a learning curve. Also, just to clarify, FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD rather than Linux; there are some important distinctions which you may discover. :)

Anyway, hopefully we can help you out; please do post more about your hardware though. Is the above error happening at boot time and blocking boot?

tuxxer

Cadet
Hi and thanks for reply!

HP microserver raid, its built in and i suppose its HW raid? It did worked for a few months but im now aware of what you are saying.

Ill reply soon with more info.