Where are UniFi controller configs / backups stored?

I'm currently working my way through my Jails, creating datasets for their config files, in order to make reinstalls and migrations quicker and easier.

I want to do the same for my UniFi Controller Jail but I can't for the life of me find where it stores it's config or config backup files. I've looked at various forum posts and I have yet to find one that says where the files are stored on FreeBSD but there are plenty that say it's stored in /such/and/such/directory on Linux but said paths either have no files within them or the path doesn't exist in my Jail.

I've also checked the official documentation and I don't think it says where backups are stored on any OS, let alone in a FreeBSD/FreeNAS Jail.

Does anyone know where UniFi Controller config backups are or might be located within a Jail?

(I'm hoping you might know @m0nkey_ )

[EDIT] To be specific, the backups are stored in /usr/lib/unifi/data/backup on Linux but there is no "unfi" directory in /usr/lib.

Last edited:

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Silly question but do you even have the automatic-backups enabled?

Also check if you have /var/lib/unifi/

EDIT: Or just jexec to jail and find / -type f -name "config.properties" ... bit nasty but might be faster :]

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The find command worked to locate it. find / -name "name of backup file"
They are located at /usr/local/share/java/unifi/data/backup/autobackup

Silly question but do you even have the automatic-backups enabled?

I wouldn't call it a silly question as no one is immune to the occasional brain fart but in this instance, I do indeed have auto backups enabled.

[EDIT] I had also checked /var/lib/ and all the other non-Windows locations that are mentioned in the docs and the forums posts I had read but with no luck.

The find command worked to locate it. find / -name "name of backup file"
They are located at /usr/local/share/java/unifi/data/backup/autobackup

Bingo! Thanks Jailer.

Last edited: