unscheduled reboot

profwalken

Patron
Hi,
I have a freenas server going into unscheduled reboot since 5 weeks now, on each friday nearly same hour (time increase 21 minutes from previous reboot)
friday april 12 20h15
friday april 19 20h37
friday april 26 20h58
friday may 03 21h19
friday may 10 21h41

At this time of course no body works, what can i check to understand what happens?

Thanks for any advice.

styno

Patron
Could it be that an after-office-hours backup/replication starts and stresses the machine?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

profwalken

Patron
Could it be that an after-office-hours backup/replication starts and stresses the machine?
Thanks for answer, I don't know , how to check this?
i'm not at ease with system

As always, start by checking the logs. /var/log
Thanks for advice, but this is not a light for me because i'm not able to know what to search and how? i'm not experienced at all even if forum statuse says I am. only able to ask for help;)

Last edited:

profwalken

Patron
Could it be a problem with boot device?
This server is using same usb stick as boot device since 4 years now, i've never seen alerts until now , but perhaps i don't search right place to check if something is bad with that.

profwalken

Patron
From console i've got access to /var/log but there's a lot of files in it, which one do i need to open ?

profwalken

Patron
Is there someone to provide some guidance ? you ask me to go in /var/log but I've no idea what to do now.

this problem is ramdomly coming with no more explainations.

profwalken

Patron
Hi,
Always with same problem and no concrete help , for experts going into logs like reading a book can you give some detailled steps

styno

Patron
Have you tried to log a ticket? You'll most likely be asked to add a Debug Set to the ticket.
(from within the FreeNAS gui, go to System - Support)