V11.2 U4.1 Dashboard Shows "Updates Available" yet System>Updates Shows "No Updates Available"

Macaroni323

Explorer
For some reason the Dashboard on FreeNAS V11.2 U4.1 shows "Updates Available" yet when clicking on the Updates Available button it takes me to the System > Updates page which shows "No updates available." I am even getting an Email alert for "Update Available" and the body of the Email says:

"A new update is available for the FreeNAS-11-STABLE train.
Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U7
Changelog:
None"

Some history on my install of V11.2 U4.1. This is a fresh install of V11.2 U4.1 due to a failed upgrade to 11.2 from V11.1 U7. Luckily before upgrading I backed up the entire server and the V11.1 U7 configuration so I was not worried. After the web page upgrade the FreeNAS machine would not boot at all. It seemed to hang after POST with no boot. I removed the USBs from the V11.1 U7 failed install and disconnected the SATA connections to the pool drives (so they wouldn't be seen during initial setup of V11.2) and used a new USB for a clean install of V11.2 U4.1. After setting up the new version I shut down and added in the SATA drives for the old server pool and imported the pool. After importing the pool I uploaded the backup configuration fro v11.1 U7. The pool came back and was fully accessible with all the original configuration.

I am wondering if the "Updates Available" message is left over from the upload of the V11.1 U7 configuration (hence the Email message)? Is there a way to clear this false "Update Available"? Is there actually an update required?

Macaroni323

Explorer
Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.48.24 PM.png

Macaroni323

Explorer
When I first hit the Dashboard the button says "CHECK FOR UPDATES" and then immediately changes to "UPDATES AVAILABLE". Upon clicking on the updates available button I get the second screen which looks the same after pressing the refresh button.

dkmullen

Cadet
I'm looking into this issue, and I suspect that it does have to do with the 11.1 config file. It appears that the update page is doing the right thing, but the widget on the dashboard and the alert system are acting on old information. Could you post one more screenshot, a list of which trains are actually showing as available? (as revealed by the down arrow on the right of the train field on the update page). Thanks in advance.

Dennis Mullen - iXsystems

Macaroni323

Explorer
Just an update. I did the update today from v11.2 U4.1 to v11.2 U5 and all is well. The dashboard shows "CHECK FOR UPDATES" (since there are none available). I think the server is back to normal. Thanks for the help dlavigne and dkmullen.