Plex setup error (New Guy Help!)

00DerM

Dabbler
Hello,

I am newer to using FreeNAS and am trying to setup a plex server on my FreeNAS machine using a static IP address. I am receiving the following error and attached is a picture of the basic jail settings I am using, the rest are the default settings. Im not sure if im using the incorrect interface (em0) or if something else is my problem or maybe my default route (to my router that it is hard wired to). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am following this Youtube video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhd-OvUqNxQ&t=432s

================================================================
Error Message:
Command '['setfib', '0', 'jexec', 'ioc-plex', '/bin/sh', '/etc/rc']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.

Details:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 609, in start
iocage.start()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1663, in start
callback=self.callback
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
self.__start_jail__()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 543, in __start_jail__
stdout=f, stderr=su.PIPE)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 291, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['setfib', '0', 'jexec', 'ioc-plex', '/bin/sh', '/etc/rc']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['setfib', '0', 'jexec', 'ioc-plex', '/bin/sh', '/etc/rc']' died with <Signals.SIGABRT: 6>.

================================================================

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 564

ThreeDee

Guru
well for me .. I had issues when trying to use an actual ipv4 interface and used vnet for the interface and then it worked peachy

nojohnny101

Wizard
What is the main interface your machine is using?

I bet the fact that you have it set to em0 is the problem. As @ThreeDee alluded to, you'll likely want to use vnet if your default interface

00DerM

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply.

I changed the interface to vnet0 and now im getting a "Stopped plex due to VNET failure." I also attempted to change my settings to DHCP and am getting the same results.

Additionally, I reinstalled Plex and set the jail/mount points back up again but am getting the same error message. I couldnt find much regarding forums that have solutions to the error message

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you tried following any number of the guides on this forum that give step by step instructions on how to setup your plex jail?

Also you never answered my original question, what is the interface your main box uses?

00DerM

Dabbler
nojohnny101, I have checked several forums on how to setup the jail and ive followed them all, but am still having an issue for some reason. Also since I got the "Stopped plex due to VNET failure" I have tried to check online sources here and via google search, but they all seem to be very specific to that individuals issue based on peoples individual settings. The new error message I am receiving is below.

Sorry about that, the interface I used was em0, which is the same interface that my main connection was on.

Thanks again for the help!!!

ERROR MESSAGE:
Stopped plex due to VNET failure

Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 609, in start
iocage.start()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1663, in start
callback=self.callback
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
self.__start_jail__()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 491, in __start_jail__
_callback=self.callback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
_callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError:

nojohnny101

Wizard
Can you take screenshots of the different configurations options your jail is currently set to?

00DerM

Dabbler
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Basic Properties.png
    Basic Properties.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 586
  • Custom Properties.png
    Custom Properties.png
    52 KB · Views: 582
  • Jail Properties.png
    Jail Properties.png
    93 KB · Views: 660
  • Network Properties.png
    Network Properties.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 563

nojohnny101

Wizard
A couple of things:
- you don't have a default interface assigned in "basic properties". give that a value.
- is there any reason you have "Berkeley Packet Filter" checked?

Try those things and report back

00DerM

Dabbler
nojohnny101, I made the change to the basic properties, my thought is to get it setup on DHCP and running first then I could work on a static IP after that.

For the "Berkeley Packet Filter" it was setup default and a few walk-through's said to use that.

After making those changes I still get the "Stopped plex due to VNET failure" error.

Attachments

• Capture12.JPG
    Capture12.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

nojohnny101

Wizard
REMOVED

Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
No your default interface should not be vnet, it should be the same interface your main box uses.
vnet0 here .. Plex, Tautulli, and UniFi controller working great

nojohnny101

Wizard
@ThreeDee you're correct, I just double checked mine and it is also vnet.

Let me look things over again tonight and I'll post back.

00DerM

Dabbler
Thanks all. Ive checked about 5 different videos and walk throughs that all say the same thing. Im not sure if its another setting I have incorrect somewhere else or my mount points or what, but I am very confused. lol

nojohnny101

Wizard
Can you describe your networking setup at your location a bit more? Do you have anything out of the ordinary with your networking like LAGG setup or anything like that?

It is clearly network related and from the screenshots you posted, it seems you have everything set correctly. I can see in an earlier screenshot you posted you didn't have a default route set. Can you confirm this is now set to the IP address of your router?

I'm not sure what guide you have followed, but I have used this one multiple times and it has worked well for me:
https://www.ixsystems.com/community...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/

00DerM

Dabbler
Alright so after being stupid busy for the past few weeks, I was finally able to sit back down and try to work this.

Ok so I checked out the guide you attached and tried to work through that, I was able to get through the first few lines and here is what I got:
iocage create -- "Source: /mnt/tank1/apps/plex does not exist!" - yay
rm /tmp/pkg.json -- no response from system
iocage fstab -a plex /mnt/tank1/apps/plex /config nullfs rw 0 0 -- "Source: /mnt/tank1/apps/plex does not exist!"

Not sure exactly why I got this and honestly programming isnt my forte. Im using my FreeNAS to help teach myself how to work servers and a little coding (Sorry).

Info on my network:
I have a linksys EA7500 router
media prioritization = off
I use DHCP
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DNS 1 = 8.8.8.8 (google)
DNS 2 = 8.8.4.4 (google)

Router Firewall Settings:
Filters anonymous internet requests
DOES NOT filter mulitcast
DOES NOT filter internet NAT redirection
Filters ident (Port 113)

Thanks again for all the help!!!!!

ThreeDee

Guru
I don't know .. why not just install via the plugin?

00DerM

Dabbler
I don't know .. why not just install via the plugin?

Unfortunately that kept giving me my original error message. Ill be so happy when this just works... lol
If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. If you want I can screen record what I have to show more details. Thank you!!!!

Last edited:

Bmiest

Cadet
I will post the same as I did in https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/vnet-failure-partial-plugin-destroyed.81488/, maybe you do not need any help anymore but I stumpled on this post looking for a solution and now it seems like I have one. Using 11.3.

So I had to "trick" the UI after going into advanced to get it going on my static IP. I am finally upgrading from 9.10 as PLEX had my old plugin version flagged as not supported(and rightfully so, shame, but yeah time etc.). So I am rebuilding all jails, but want to keep the port forwards to the same ip's I had all along. Setting the static IP was mandatory for me rebuilding my nas functionality.

It wasn't pretty but it works fine at first glance:

Basic configuration does not work, VNET failure or missing configuration. Tried all combinations, no gucci.
After clicking install on the plugin and going into advanced, I disabled autoconfigure IPv4 but the UI bugs out and does not allow me to set IPv4 interface and netmask (grayed out):
View attachment 36561
After toggling on and off the NAT checkbox you are able to set the desired ip and netmask, however leave the interface blank:
View attachment 36562
(Don't forget to set the name like I did in the screenshot above.)

This COULD result in a weird output, but my static IP works and the admin portal will show up using the set ip.
View attachment 36560

I may or may stumble into issues later on, but it seems like this is more of a GUI thing than anything else and I do not expect further issues.

I will update if not working correctly.

B

alexisr73

Explorer
Hi all,

Sorry for commenting this thread after almost 4 years but I really have a problem ...

I had a Freenas 11.2 U8 working properly and I wanted to make some clean on my datasets organization and permissions related to before upgrading 11.3. When I was finally done, I screwed up my entire configuration by overwriting every permissions from the root dataset of my pool.

I had a Qbittorrent and Plex plugins running before and despite Qbittorrent was still working because it uses root authentication, Plex wasn't working at all ...

I finally decided to erase the entire iocage dataset, migrate to Freenas 11.3, and rebuilt my entire configuration from scratch.

I'm now trying to reinstall Plex but I've got the below error even through VNET ... I really don't know how to deal with.

Any idea where does it come from ?

Error: plexmediaserver had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: pkg-static: http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage/11.3-RELEASE/meta.txz: Authentication error Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: Certificate verification failed for /C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA 12933140:error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed:/freenas-releng/freenas/_BE/os/crypto/openssl/ssl/s3_clnt.c:1269: pkg-static: http://pkg.cdn.trueos.org/iocage/11.3-RELEASE/packagesite.txz: Authentication error Please check your network Partial plugin destroyed