Take Command with TrueNAS
TrueNAS 11.2 is here with a slew of performance, architecture, and usability enhancements. The update features enhanced APIs, ZFS improvements, and multi-threaded Samba 4.9 to ensure users are getting maximum performance and manageability.
TrueNAS 11.2 enjoys several improvements to its OpenZFS filesystem and features the latest Samba 4.9 for enhanced performance on one of the most common NAS protocols around. OpenZFS enhancements bring better efficiency by improving scrub speeds, ARC IOPS, and vdev resiliency. The updated SMB server is multi-threaded for reads and writes, improving performance for many workloads.
Starting with TrueNAS 11.2, both TrueNAS and FreeNAS systems can be managed through REST and WebSocket APIs within the recently announced TrueCommand™ unified management system. TrueCommand provides a “single pane of glass” view of all TrueNAS and FreeNAS systems’ status, with alerts, Single Sign-On (SSO), role-based access control (RBAC), and granular management of services, jails, VMs, and shares. TrueCommand was released in June 2019 and allows clients to more easily manage complex, multi-site deployments.
TrueNAS 11.2 is ready to take full advantage of VMware with VMFS and VAAI support, and an all-new vCenter plugin to allow better management of TrueNAS with the latest vSphere® 6.5 and 6.7 versions.
- Cloud Choices: Dramatic increase in the number of choices for cloud backup, with the ability to sync with leading storage providers such as AWS, Google, Azure, Box, Dropbox, Backblaze, and more. These backups can be encrypted for data security and feature the latest OAuth compatibility.
- Enhanced Hardware Encryption: Support for self-encrypting drives (SEDs). Select SED drives are FIPS 140-2 compliant, which is useful for government use, HIPAA, PCI, and GDPR.
- Latest VMFS: VMFS support is upgraded to VMFS6 to enhance VMware datastore performance and features such as distributed journaling of data, better disk utilization for VMware datastores, and easier VM migration.
- Time Machine over SMB: Apple’s backup system can now be deployed using SMB.
- Real-time API: Swagger-compliant REST and WebSockets API with integrated documentation and ability to efficiently provide real-time information to systems like TrueCommand.
TrueNAS 11.2 represents months of updates and testing to ensure the best possible storage experience for virtualization, multimedia, and backup workloads. Talk to us to find out how TrueNAS can help solve your storage bottlenecks today.
Still more to come
TrueNAS 11.3 is getting ready for Beta testing, and will feature the new web interface unveiled in FreeNAS 11.2, along with further improvements to streamline deployment. Stay tuned for more updates!