iXsystems is pleased to announce the general availability of TrueNAS 12.0-U1! This is the first maintenance release of the unified FreeNAS and TrueNAS release that has been renamed to TrueNAS CORE and TrueNAS Enterprise, respectively. Since 12.0-Release was launched on Oct 20th over 180 new improvements or bug fixes have been merged in time for the U1 release!
- Enclosure Management has been improved with support for new TrueNAS R-Series systems (NAS-108167)! The R-Series is a new TrueNAS hardware line from iXsystems that is designed to provide maximum storage potential at minimum cost.
- OAuth support has been added for Gmail (NAS-104374). This is to help users prepare for Google’s eventual disabling of less secure app (LSA) access to Google Workspace applications.
- The SNMP service has been expanded to allow tracking IP bandwidth per client (NAS-108068)! By opening the SNMP service options and enabling Network Performance Statistics, you can receive these additional statistics in future SNMP messages.
- Fusion Pools have added a threshold for adding small blocks of data to the metadata vdev (NAS-107651). When the storage pool has a metadata vdev, you can set the block size threshold on each dataset by opening the dataset advanced options and finding the Metadata (Special) Small Block Size field.
- Automatic TRIM has been added as a new pool option (NAS-107694). When enabled, TrueNAS will periodically check disks in the pool for data blocks that can be reclaimed. This can have a performance impact, so it is disabled by default. For more details about TRIM in ZFS, see the autotrim property description in zpool.8.
- The Reporting page display issue for different themes has been fixed (NAS-108032)
- An issue with SNMP that resulted in the system drastically consuming CPU resources has been fixed (NAS-108050). This issue also led to merging related performance improvements in the upstream OpenZFS repository.
- Included in this release is OpenZFS 2.0! This update to the TrueNAS filesystem unified the Unix and Linux code bases of ZFS and added new filesystem level features like sequential resilvering, ZStandard compression, and persistent L2ARC.
With the U1 release, TrueNAS Enterprise customers can begin manually updating their systems to TrueNAS 12.0. For assistance with the Enterprise update process, please contact iX Support. The Enterprise 12.0 update train is scheduled to be activated on December 22. To stay informed about upcoming TrueNAS release dates, check the TrueNAS roadmap!
TrueNAS 12.0-U1 Changelog
- [NAS-100587] – Update Minio to >= RELEASE.2018-10-18T00-28-58Z plus UI config of multiple user credentials.
- [NAS-104374] – Google requiring oauth for sending mail starting June 2020
- [NAS-107146] – Migrate from 12.x to SCALE (Backend / Framework)
- [NAS-107305] – TrueNAS User Performance Monitoring
- [NAS-107864] – GMail OAuth when configuring e-mail
- [NAS-107876] – Remove unlock option for key encrypted geli pools
- [NAS-107881] – Replication target dataset encryption
- [NAS-108068] – Add iftop option for SNMP service
- [NAS-108069] – Add properties_exclude replication option
- [NAS-108166] – R-Series support in enclosure API
- [NAS-108167] – R-Series Enclosure support in UI
- [NAS-108272] – Bring back “pool” column in disks list
- [NAS-108323] – Add cloud credentials pCloud “hostname” field
- [NAS-108329] – R-Series Dashboard widget product images
- [NAS-105947] – Add regression testing for netwait
- [NAS-107463] – Allow creating encrypted dataset on receiving side
- [NAS-107507] – Prompt user to add Kerberos keytab entries as needed in NFS form.
- [NAS-107651] – Metadata (Special) Small Block Size
- [NAS-107661] – Rename Initiators in iSCSI
- [NAS-107694] – Expose option to enable / disable TRIM in Advanced Menu
- [NAS-107819] – 12 interfaces to SCALE
- [NAS-107830] – Add call to return non-idle processes
- [NAS-107874] – ES102 Enclosure support in middleware/API
- [NAS-107875] – ES102 Enclosure support in UI
- [NAS-107877] – ES24f Enclosure support in middleware/API
- [NAS-107878] – ES24f Enclosure support in UI
- [NAS-107929] – zfs/snpashot endpoint only returns “false” on failure
- [NAS-107934] – Update Asigra to v14.2
- [NAS-108107] – Enclosure unsupported message
- [NAS-108108] – Python with debug and no optimizations
- [NAS-108184] – Better highlight colors for ES102 Enclosure UI
- [NAS-108193] – Enclosure UI better layout when more than 3 SAS expanders
- [NAS-108231] – Jail Stop should indicate selected jail
- [NAS-108275] – Increase MAXPHYS to 1MB
- [NAS-108285] – Intel CPU microcode update
- [NAS-105156] – Upgraded to 11.3, Cloud Sync to B2 rclone failing
- [NAS-106110] – UPS ups is on battery power alerts since upgrade to 11.3
- [NAS-106424] – Add support for Xen/XCP-ng xe-guest-utilities
- [NAS-106880] – Incorrect share names
- [NAS-107187] – Disks page does not show Pool affiliation in Pool column
- [NAS-107317] – Replication progress % Incorrect
- [NAS-107318] – replication target as non-root cannot mount
- [NAS-107384] – 2FA for SSH plus LDAP ignores 2FA
- [NAS-107409] – nfs shares can be created outside zpool path
- [NAS-107411] – No Task Manager Progress is shown
- [NAS-107413] – replication failures
- [NAS-107419] – Replicated datasets of encrypted pools to another encrypted pool is inaccessible
- [NAS-107421] – Since updating to TrueNAS 12 beta 2 getting “can’t open /etc/zfs/exports” errors
- [NAS-107479] – SMART Service Fails to Start
- [NAS-107516] – S3 Sync Task Part number must be an integer between
- [NAS-107527] – allow creation of failover lagg from netcli
- [NAS-107577] – Tunables regex prevents editing/creation of valid tunables
- [NAS-107578] – Kernel panic in sysctl on attempt to autoload USB drivers
- [NAS-107590] – mDNS not starting? Server not visible to macOS clients
- [NAS-107600] – iSCSI target deletion via 12rc1 GUI does not remove connection
- [NAS-107609] – Alerts for NFS services could not bind to specific IP addresses, using 0.0.0.0.
- [NAS-107638] – Deleting mountpoint of a jail doesn’t update UI
- [NAS-107641] – iocage list error
- [NAS-107646] – GUI shouldn’t allow IPv6 to be attempted on HA
- [NAS-107674] – middleware, Traceback issue at iddle
- [NAS-107686] – trailing slash breaks NFS permanently?
- [NAS-107687] – iocage snaplist fails with recursive snapshot
- [NAS-107688] – Uninstalls all instances of plugin instead of selected one
- [NAS-107697] – WebUI makes firefox 80.0.1 hang
- [NAS-107699] – Jumpy row background coloring
- [NAS-107702] – Misleading validation in EDIT IDMAP dialogue
- [NAS-107713] – Saving ACLs aborted on click
- [NAS-107737] – IP address cannot be modified
- [NAS-107753] – Ldap Messages for root and operator
- [NAS-107832] – Network activity does not seem to be behaving properly on dashboard
- [NAS-107886] – CPU temperature graph always has a drop to zero at the end
- [NAS-107888] – change “FreeNAS” to “TrueNAS” in vmware plugin
- [NAS-107892] – Cloud sync task “Advance options” should probably be “Advanced options”
- [NAS-107895] – Corner case ACL Options resetting user changes
- [NAS-107896] – weird behaviour when clicking “Edit ACL” in the bread-crumb
- [NAS-107914] – TrueNAS alerted me to a NextCloud update, but the updater says it was already up to date
- [NAS-107921] – Cannot delete “VMWare Snapshots” configuration
- [NAS-107927] – NFS cannot bind IP
- [NAS-107928] – CLONE – CPU temperature graph always has a drop to zero at the end
- [NAS-107945] – JAIL import fails with “cannot receive: failed to read from stream”
- [NAS-107948] – [User error] Ability to delete System Dataset is too easy – UI suggestions.
- [NAS-107955] – Internal services classes showing up in API docs
- [NAS-107957] – middlewared crashing too many files no login
- [NAS-107976] – Repeated Kernel Panics in TrueNAS 12 RC1 – System was stable under 11.3
- [NAS-107992] – proftpd starts in SCALE after pool import
- [NAS-107999] – Adobe reader pollutes SMB shares with undeletable acrolock<timestamp>.tmp files when streams_xattr is enabled
- [NAS-108005] – Replication Task: divide by zero
- [NAS-108010] – ntb0 broken on upgrade to 12.0-RELEASE
- [NAS-108020] – iSCSI CHAP passwords incorrect after upgrade to 12.0-RELEASE
- [NAS-108023] – email save throws an error
- [NAS-108024] – Add GUI deprecation warning for samba_schema in LDAP plugin
- [NAS-108032] – No reporting: themeUtils error breaking reporting pages
- [NAS-108050] – SNMP consuming 100% CPU and becomes unavailable
- [NAS-108056] – Ignore/reset zfs mountpoint property on ZFS replication task
- [NAS-108059] – Only submit usage stats from the MASTER node if failover licensed
- [NAS-108065] – change verbiage in network section for HA systems
- [NAS-108067] – Kerberos Ticket not refreshed (regression)
- [NAS-108075] – FreeNAS fails to create alert for failed power supply that IPMI does detect as failed
- [NAS-108084] – View Enclosure on Mini X+ does not recognize Special Vdev
- [NAS-108085] – Pool disk details duplicated on other pool’s frame in dashboard
- [NAS-108087] – Bad GPTID label text
- [NAS-108089] – CPU widget temperature legend color doesn’t match bar color
- [NAS-108093] – Libvirt Error rebooting/powering down VM
- [NAS-108097] – Time Machine not advertised after unlocking dataset until SMB is manually restarted
- [NAS-108109] – UI still incorrectly indicates that swap partition will be created on log vdevs
- [NAS-108110] – Exporting pool(s) on TrueNAS 12.0-RELEASE
- [NAS-108115] – Cannot delete plugin with hostname as name
- [NAS-108120] – API v2 regression broke user creation
- [NAS-108124] – Periodic Snapshot Task Creation allows use of inappropriate characters (i.e. forward slash “/”) in snapshot name
- [NAS-108138] – unable to create plugins due to vnet error
- [NAS-108144] – UPS connection lost after failover
- [NAS-108183] – UPS shutdown leaves passive up on HA system
- [NAS-108185] – Pull replication fails – ps command has wrong (missing) flags
- [NAS-108211] – Enclosure rear view referencing front drives
- [NAS-108212] – hexToRGB method error on cpu temp widget
- [NAS-108220] – Replication failed: cannot send <snapshot name>: encrypted dataset may not be sent with properties without the raw flag
- [NAS-108222] – pull replication seems ummount replicated dataset
- [NAS-108235] – sysctl rc script is running twice on boot breaking carp.allow
- [NAS-108240] – I cannot change the LAGG protocol type in the aggregation setting in WebUI
- [NAS-108260] – After successful plugin update, error No updates available
- [NAS-108273] – Traceback printed on VM operations
- [NAS-108279] – Truenas Scale : UPS monitor password is mandatory but it is not shown and error message is unclear
- [NAS-108286] – Can’t connect to pCloud
- [NAS-108294] – HA network validation isn’t working
- [NAS-108313] – failover.control and failover.update are broken on HA systems
- [NAS-108330] – Snapshot expirations fail when there are too many of them at once
- [NAS-108335] – Remove Mirror is not working
- [NAS-108345] – Cron jobs are blocking each other from running
- [NAS-108354] – unable to delete VM due to XML error
- [NAS-108396] – Linked release notes are to wrong version (11.3U5 -> 12)
- [NAS-108413] – Make truenas.set_production a job
- [NAS-108482] – Merge FreeBSD EN-20:19-22 SA-20:31-32
- [NAS-108485] – Replication tasks, key-format validation on edit, incorrectly setting all-caps?
||Replication fails between legacy TrueNAS 9.10 systems and 12.0-BETA1 systems.
||Due to numerous improvements in the replication engine and ZFS, FreeNAS/TrueNAS 9.10 systems (or earlier) can no longer replicate to or from TrueNAS 12.0. Update the legacy TrueNAS system to FreeNAS/TrueNAS 11.3 or newer.
||Persistent L2ARC is disabled by default due to performance impact when rebuilding with large amounts of data.
||Reactivating persistent L2ARC can result in degraded UI and Middleware performance in specific situations where large amounts of data is loaded into L2ARC and a rebuild is triggered. To reactivate persistent L2ARC, log in to the TrueNAS Web Interface, go to System > Tunables, and add a new tunable with these values:
- Type = sysctl
- Variable = vfs.zfs.l2arc.rebuild_enabled
- Value = 1
||TrueNAS “root” user account cannot be an SMB user.
||This is an intentional change to improve software security and suitability for deployment in a variety of environments. Update the SMB configuration to use a different user account.
||U1 update is incorrectly flagged as “Not a Production Release”
||This warning is a result of the Enterprise train not being activated yet and can be safely ignored. This will be automatically corrected on December 22nd when the Enterprise update train is activated.